Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

SmackDown Discussion Thread - 21st November 2008 (Manchester)

What Did You Think of SmackDown #484?

• Total voters

FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Venue:
The Manchester Evening News Arena - MANCHESTER, ENGLAND

TV Schedule:
UK: Sky Sports 3 at 10pm
USA: MyNetwork TV at 8/7c

Credit:
wrestlingobserver.com

WWE Taped a 2nd week of SmackDown Spoilers from the MEN Arena in Manchester, England.

R-Truth & Matt Hardy (Hardy’s 3rd match in 2 days in this arena) defeated Shelton Benjamin & Mark Henry (w/Teddy Long). R-Truth came through the crowd, rapping, and was over huge. He got the pin for his team, with an axe-kick on Benjamin.

Maria was chatting to Festus backstage with Miz and John Morrison came up to them. Miz was obnoxious and kept slapping the comatose Festus on the chest and gave him a ‘Wet Willie’, old DX-style. Morrison made some remarks about Maria’s photos on WWE.com being airbrushed.

2) The Miz & John Morrison defeated Jesse & Festus. Festus was destroying Miz, when Morrison grabbed the ring bell and rung it. Miz then pinned Festus with ease, using a neckbreaker. Morrison also hit the moonlight drive on Jesse. Afterwards, as Miz and Morrison reached the top of the ramp, Morrison rang the bell again, just for the heck of it I guess, and Festus became enraged again and chased them to the back.

Vickie Guerrero (in her wheelchair and accompanied by Chavo Guerrero Jr) came out. She said that the upcoming Triple H vs Jeff Hardy match wouldn’t be for the title, but if Hardy won, he would be added to the HHH vs Kozlov title match at Survivor Series, turning it into a triple threat match.

3) Jeff Hardy defeated Triple H in a lengthy (20 minutes plus) match, to be added to the title match at the Survivor Series. This was a surprisingly boring match. Maybe it will play better on tv, but the crowd were totally burned out by this point, as we were 3 hours into the tv taping. Finish came when Kozlov came out and tried to interfere. Kozlov distracted Triple H, leading to Hardy rolling him up for the pin. As alluded to earlier, this was a ‘slip-on-a-banana-peel’ pinfall win over HHH, who popped up immediately. HHH shook Hardy’s hand, but Kozlov clotheslined the pair of them, then left both of them laying.

The Brian Kendrick and Ezekiel were backstage, and made fun of some backstage worker, knocking a beverage out of his hand.

4) The Brian Kendrick & Ezekiel defeated Carlito & Primo Colon in a non-title match, when Big Zeke pinned Primo, after picking him up with one arm and slamming him. This was a good match when Kendrick and Primo were in against each other. I’m presuming this is the start of a tag team title program between the two teams.

5) British jobber, James Mason pinned MVP via roll up, quickly. Mason didn’t even get a ring entrance or music. Great Khali came out to distract MVP, leading to Mason getting the win. MVP was utterly dejected after this defeat. This was hilarious. Poor MVP.

6) The Bella Twins defeated Natalya & Victoria, when either Brie or Nicky pinned Victoria. This was decent action, but a few thousand people had left by this point, and the rest were just waiting for the final segment.

Show finished with Undertaker ‘reading the last rites’ to Big Show. The ring was set up with a casket and black wreaths. Undertaker came to the ring and gave a big over-elaborate speech about how he would banish Big Show to the darkside at the Survivor Series. Big Show, Vickie Guerrero and Chavo Guerrero Jr came out. The lights went out, and when they came back on, Undertaker had Vickie by the throat in the ring. He lifted her up and placed her in the casket, shutting the lid. Big Show threw Chavo into the ring, and freed Vickie. Undertaker gave Chavo a tombstone, then placed him in the casket and shut the lid. End of show.

Everyone left. Scott Armstrong freed Chavo and they played Chavo’s music to end the arena show.

The Beltster

Hardy with successive pinfall wins over Undertaker and Triple H...cant be bad, regardless of whether it will be played as 'fluke' wins etc. He still pinned them both. Glad to see him continuing with his push, I can see him going heel soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimmy Redman

I'm totally pooped, as they say, so I wasnt bothered at all to write my novel this week, so this is my Cliff Notes version of Smackdown.

- Going backwards, seeing Big Show squirm like a 10 year old girl was probably the highlight of my show. I swear to God I need that in a .gif for Christmas.

- The Bella Twins cannot be told apart. JR and Tazz were lucky that Brie audibly called out "Go Nikki!" from the apron to clue them in. The day Victoria isnt surprised when she is rolled up is the day wrestling dies. Furthermore, WIDOW'S PEAK. For those counting at home, that is now TWO Widow's Peaks this week, which is probably more than the rest of the year put together.

- I cant stand to watch MVP these days, just because I know whats coming, and its utter bullsh*t. I'm also sick of Khali already too. Although I'll never get sick of the CHOP OF DOOM.

- Jeff Hardy's backstage promo was fantastic. I have no idea what he was even talking about, but it was great. From the sounds of it I gather he's had some input into these Psycho promos, which just goes to back up my point about letting the wrestlers come up with them. Jeff's last two promos are probably the best I've ever seen him do, if only because he sounded really genuine, instead of sounding like he's reading off cue cards.

- Miz and Morrison ice burning Maria and Gravy backstage was great, and using the bell was great. The bell gimmick really needs to be used more.

TPIB

It's both funny and sad that whoever came up with the spoilers mistakes Tony Atlas for Theodore Long. Besides being bald and black, they don't even look alike. I always like how out of date most wrestling reports are. How long has it been since Chavo Guerrero was called Chavo Guerrero, Jr? Also, didn't Miz's neckbreaker finisher have a name before Morrison's did? I'm fairly certain that it did. I'm suspicious that TWP may be a reporter for WrestlingObserver.com.

Also, the key to telling the Bellas apart (at least when watching them on TV) is that Brie wears some sort of red hair accessory and Nikki doesn't.

TPIB

Yeah, Miz's finisher's called the Reality Check (I think)
Yeah, it is and Morrison's is called the Moonlight Drive. Also, on the latest 'Dirt Sheet', Morrison said that he calls the Michaels Superkick he does is called the "Nitro Blast".

Danny Styles

I have a bad feeling that Jeff will win the title at SS, but by beating Koslov so HHH doesn't have to do the job, either that or HHH will pin him at SS so he's pretty much been killed off as a title contender

Murph

I have a bad feeling that Jeff will win the title at SS, but by beating Koslov so HHH doesn't have to do the job, either that or HHH will pin him at SS so he's pretty much been killed off as a title contender
I reckon the latter, but it won't kill him off completely, because he can live off beating Undertaker & HHH in 2 weeks. Also, this way, they can keep Koslov undefeated, and set up a more dramatic Triple H-Koslov match.

Cathal

I highly doubt, after having Jeff beat Undertaker and HHH in the last two weeks, that he'll be the one to be pinned, that sounds like a bad idea, him losing once more in a WWE Title match would be stupid. They seem to have gone off Kozlov recently, I fancy him to be the one whose shoulders are pinned to the mat come Survivor Series.

Last edited:

Fiona

Smackdown was weird this week. Can't put my finger on it or know the reason why it was just weird. MVP just better go and crawl under a rock somewhere the guy has gone from the US Title to jobbing for no-names. How embarrassing for him. Gotta love the Chop of Doom though.

Shane O Mac

I preferred watching it on tv, then actually being there. By the time it got to The Undertakers last rites was getting a bit too sleepy :lol:

Phil

I havent watched that bit yet, I was stoked by the HHH vs Hardy match though, thought it was excellent, mainly because Hardy actually looked tough in this one, Trips hardly got any offence in. The finish was to be expected but at least Hardy came out looking strong, not lucky.