Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

SmackDown Discussion Thread - 14th December 2007

FreeSpirit

Preview:

Venue:
TD Banknorth Garden - Boston, Massachusetts

TV Schedule:
UK: Sky Sports Xtra at 10pm
USA: The CW at 8/7c

Primed For An Ultimate Opportunity
14th December 2007

The end is indeed near this Friday night, on the final SmackDown before World Heavyweight Champion Batista, Edge and Undertaker battle for the title in a Triple Threat Match at Armageddon. Who has the upper hand heading into the pay-per-view? It’s hard to tell. Like Edge demonstrated after his SmackDown contest against Kane last week, he's the Ultimate Opportunist who keeps finding ways of avoiding The Animal’s rage and The Deadman's vengeance. As a result, Batista and Undertaker have spent the past few weeks venting their frustrations toward each other, with the champion spearing The Phenom last week. Can any of these three competitors gain much-needed momentum Friday night before heading into Armageddon?

As evidenced by his shameful assault on Michael Hayes in the VIP Lounge last week, MVP has no regard for anyone, not even his Armageddon challenger for the United States Championship, Rey Mysterio. Rey may not have taught the Franchise Playa respect when he rushed down to the ring in Hayes’ defense, but he certainly introduced him to the concept – as well as a flurry of lefts and rights that drove MVP from his own VIP Lounge. Will the Ballin' Superstar have a similar response for the Master of the 619 this week on SmackDown, just before he puts up the U.S. bling?

Finlay may love to fight, but even he must have mixed feelings about squaring off against The Great Khali at Armageddon. How could he not, especially after the ornery Irishman was subjected to a Deuce & Domino-aided beatdown by the Punjabi giant last week? Finlay would love nothing more than to dole out some pre-Armageddon payback, but is his original brand of smashmouth offense – even with any small assistance from Hornswoggle – enough to topple a 7-foot-3 colossus? That said, does Khali plan to ensure that Irish eyes will have no reason to smile – much less open – on the final SmackDown before Armageddon?

For the answers to these questions and more, tune into Friday Night SmackDown on Sky Sports Xtra at 10pm!

TPIB

So no one posted the SmackDown! Spoilers? That's odd. Anyways, SmackDown! was a decent show and it had it's moments. There's not much to say about it, only that I am guaranteeing that Edge will be the new World Heavyweight Champion come Armageddon.

Also, if any of you missed it, Ric Flair will be in action next week on SmackDown! from Rochester, NY. It will be his second "Retirement Match" (where he has to win to keep his career from ending). No word on his opponent.

Last edited:

Jimmy Redman

Maybe a match against (hopefully) new Champion Edge. Who knows.

For quick (if forgetful) Smackdown spoilers:

Edge brings out Vickie in a wheelchair with a neck brace (wheeled by Teddy), the usual Edge and Vickie promo, she says that all 3 main eventers will be in action tonight, leading into...

Edge defeated Funaki. Funaki returns! A squash, basically, as you can guess.

Announced is Batista v Kane, Last Man Standing, and Undertaker v BDV/Henry, Handicap Match.

Miz defeated Festus. I assume it wasnt a clean win, cant remember what happened though. After the match Teddy comes out and announces (not his own decision obviously) Khali v Hornswaggle.

Khali v Hornswaggle No Contest as FINLAY returns to get squashed with the VICE GRIP OF DOOM, again.

Batista defeated Kane, Last Man Standing. OK I guess, finish was Batista Spinebustering Kane onto the announce table (which didnt break), Edge comes out and Spears him but Batista gets up before the 10 Count. Edge puts Batista down afterwards with a chair shot.

Victoria and Layla defeated Michelle McCool and Kelly Kelly. OK match, eventually Kenny interferes leading to Chuck chasing him out on his motorcycle, the distraction causing Vickie to roll Michelle up. Story is Michelle cost Chuck his match last week, he cost Michelle her match.

Backstage, Chuck goes apes*** at Michelle about "everything's going wrong" and punches a hole in the wall.

Later, Michelle is complaining to Kelly about Chuck, she finds her locker covered with roses and stuff, Jamie comes in as its his work, obviously. Michelle thanks him for being sweet, and Jamie says that she better come on the date as he's booked a fancy restaurant, with a fancy table, he's washed his best pair of jeans, and his granny has ironed his underwear, so everything will be perfect. Michelle concedes that a deal is a deal.

Undertaker defeated BDV and Mark Henry. I have no recollection of what happened. Mum says that Undertaker won with a chokeslam on Henry, they beat him down afterwards, and Edge comes in and Spears him. Edge mocks Undie's pose (on one knee) and the show ends.

Clarkey

With how Jamie Noble is re-establishing himself, can anyone else forsee him building towards the position Helm's slowly built himself towards before his injury? I can see no reason why Noble based on his talent can't reach there, and the writing team seem to be behind him. Someone will raise something about his size being a factor, but again Helm's wasn't the biggest guy himself and got there. I'm not sure when Helm's himself returns, but some sort of three way including Helms and Noble, or a tweener feud between the two to build towards the winning getting a feud higher up the card could be interesting. Unsure on the third guy mind. Just some thoughts aloud anyways.

Jimmy Redman

Helms never got that far up the card really. He feuded with Matt Hardy but even that was really low on the card. Jamie Noble has a lot more talent than Helms, and I hope he gets somewhat further than him.

The Great Ahmar

I thought Smackdown was pretty good. The Main Event however was not. Not much I can says apart from that, the matches were average to good outside of the ME, MVP was good and Jamie Noble was great, his granny ironed his underwear for his date, what a gran! Oh JBL's commentary during Miz vs. Featus was hilarious "What happened during the fire drill at school?!"

Nemesis Enforcer

I agree with Omar's comments on Smackdown, can't add much to what has already been said about the overall show

Noble was the highlight of the show once again and really should get more airtime IMO he is hillarious in the back and very good in the ring

TPIB

Maybe a match against (hopefully) new Champion Edge. Who knows.

For quick (if forgetful) Smackdown spoilers:

Edge brings out Vickie in a wheelchair with a neck brace (wheeled by Teddy), the usual Edge and Vickie promo, she says that all 3 main eventers will be in action tonight, leading into...

Edge defeated Funaki. Funaki returns! A squash, basically, as you can guess.

Announced is Batista v Kane, Last Man Standing, and Undertaker v BDV/Henry, Handicap Match.

Miz defeated Festus. I assume it wasnt a clean win, cant remember what happened though. After the match Teddy comes out and announces (not his own decision obviously) Khali v Hornswaggle.

Khali v Hornswaggle No Contest as FINLAY returns to get squashed with the VICE GRIP OF DOOM, again.

Batista defeated Kane, Last Man Standing. OK I guess, finish was Batista Spinebustering Kane onto the announce table (which didn't break), Edge comes out and Spears him but Batista gets up before the 10 Count. Edge puts Batista down afterwards with a chair shot.

Victoria and Layla defeated Michelle McCool and Kelly Kelly. OK match, eventually Kenny interferes leading to Chuck chasing him out on his motorcycle, the distraction causing Vickie to roll Michelle up. Story is Michelle cost Chuck his match last week, he cost Michelle her match.

Backstage, Chuck goes apes*** at Michelle about "everything's going wrong" and punches a hole in the wall.

Later, Michelle is complaining to Kelly about Chuck, she finds her locker covered with roses and stuff, Jamie comes in as its his work, obviously. Michelle thanks him for being sweet, and Jamie says that she better come on the date as he's booked a fancy restaurant, with a fancy table, he's washed his best pair of jeans, and his granny has ironed his underwear, so everything will be perfect. Michelle concedes that a deal is a deal.

Undertaker defeated BDV and Mark Henry. I have no recollection of what happened. Mum says that Undertaker won with a chokeslam on Henry, they beat him down afterwards, and Edge comes in and Spears him. Edge mocks Undie's pose (on one knee) and the show ends.
In the spirit of relaying accurate information, Festus defeated "The Miz" with a one-man flapjack and the Khali/Hornswoggle Match never actually started and Khali used the chokebomb, not the Vice Grip. I would redo them with detail and whatnot, but I don't want to disrespect your work or anything, so I just thought I would stick my nose where it doesn't belong and let it be known.

Redneck Messiah

Guess it's time to retire my sig as they finally are utilizing Noble. Been a big fan of him for a long time and nice to see him pushed on tv once again!

Jimmy Redman

In the spirit of relaying accurate information, Festus defeated "The Miz" with a one-man flapjack and the Khali/Hornswoggle Match never actually started and Khali used the chokebomb, not the Vice Grip. I would redo them with detail and whatnot, but I don't want to disrespect your work or anything, so I just thought I would stick my nose where it doesn't belong and let it be known.
No worries, as I said, I just posted what I could remember as there werent any spoilers. Thanks.