Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

SmackDown Discussion Thread - 10th July 2009

FreeSpirit

Spoilers:

Venue:
The Rabobank Arena - Bakersfield, California
Wednesday 1st July

TV Schedule:
Friday 10th July
UK: Sky Sports Xtra at 11pm
USA: MyNetwork TV at 8/7c

Credit:
wrestlenewz.com

WWE Friday Night SmackDown
Airing 10th July

*Kane defeated Jeff Hardy.

*Dolph Ziggler defeated John Morrison

*Melina and Eve Torres defeated Layla and Michelle McCool

*CM Punk cut a promo on Jeff Hardy. Punk joked how Jeff is one drug test failure away from being fired from WWE.

*CM Punk wrestled The Great Khali to a No Contest when Kane came in and interfered. Punk was boo’d heavily.

*The Hart Dynasty defeated Cryme Tyme

*Rey Mysterio defeated Chris Jericho to retain his Intercontinental Title in the match of the night. Edge and Dolph Ziggler attacked Mysterio after the match.Mysterio and Ziggler got into it, which will probably lead to Ziggler getting a title shot at Night of Champions.
Dark:

*Before the tapings, they aired a video package showing results from last night’s SmackDown tapings in Fresno so everyone would know what’s going on.

*Drew McIntyre defeated Jimmy Wang Yang

TPIB

Due to Edge's injury, WWE has taped a "replacement match" for SmackDown; it will be CM Punk Vs. The Great Khali. Originally, it was Edge facing The Great Khali (according to the spoilers). I am not exactly sure when they taped it, but I guess it is possible that they taped it at a house show.

MastersGonads

Due to Edge's injury, WWE has taped a "replacement match" for SmackDown; it will be CM Punk Vs. The Great Khali. Originally, it was Edge facing The Great Khali (according to the spoilers). I am not exactly sure when they taped it, but I guess it is possible that they taped it at a house show.
Wasnt taped at a house show...

TBH I'm not sure it was even a 'replacement' match...

Jimmy Redman

WATCH REY V JERICHO.

That is really all I have to say. Just the slightest shade below the PPV match, legit.

TPIB

My bad, it was not in the spoilers provided. It was "reported" on WrestleZone.com and I made the mistake of taking it as fact instead of rumor.

Anyways, I am kind of hoping to see Dolph Ziggler win the Intercontinental Title at Night of Champions.

Also, what's the deal with Teddy Long's "probation"? Did they just drop the idea after The Bash?

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeSpirit

Have to agree with Jimmy, Rey Vs Jericho was fantastic, while the rest of the show was great also. SmackDown continues to be the premier wrestling show for me out of the Big 5!

Last edited by a moderator:

DC

WATCH REY V JERICHO.

That is really all I have to say. Just the slightest shade below the PPV match, legit.
That match was really good, as was Dolph v Morrison. I was also impressed by the close of the show, with Edge and Jericho giving Ziggler a bit of a rub and then letting the midcarder be the last man standing in the ring as the Smackdown logo appeared on the screen.

Thirteen

Laylas' hair looked much better today. :)

Cryme Time were as hilarious as ever with their word up spot...

Rey Vs Jericho was typically epic (Edge and Jericho are my favourite at the mo)... If I'm totally honest I still don't see what the big deal about Ziggler is but I will give him a chance to grow on me.

Punks' Heel turn was well excecuted yet again...
Etc, etc...

What can I say? Smackdown is doing it at the mo.

My government name is Delicious! :lol:lol:lol:

Last edited:

TPIB

I was kind of confused by that whole "Pretty Ricky" thing too. That was so random. I don't get it, really.

Jimmy Redman

At first glance it was one of those things where you think they must somehow be horrified that someone is getting over and are doing everything they can to rectify this unfortunate situation.

Which I doubt is the case, though. For all we know, Truth could want to play this alter-ego thing. At least they are playing it as his alter-ego, and not just giving him a new retarded gimmick.

Da Showstoppa

Was I the only one who was reminded of Red Dwarf's Duane Dibbley?

Danny John Jules V R-Truth Wrestlemania 26, you heard it here first!!