Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Sky Sports changes + Cyber Sunday

The Great Ahmar

Many WWE fans in the UK are disappointed today as letters have been sent by Sky stating customers who only subscribe to Sky Sports 1 or 2 will no longer receive the bonus channel Sky Sports 3, which a lot of WWE programming is shown (mainly the live version of Raw). If you still want the full package you're going to have to pay an extra £10
Credit: Wrestlinginc.com

dsrchris

Am disappoint, son
Senior Moderator
Subscriber
And that's why I'm getting rid of my tv package and sticking with torrents. I only had cable so I could watch the wrestling, so there's not much point in keeping it anymore.

Dave7g

That's where my channels gone then! Well tough crap to WWE, I doubt anyone is going to be paying an extra £10 per month to fast forward through Raw on a tuesday night. I really doubt WWE can be too happy about this, I mean what viewers will they have left?

Nemesis Enforcer

Is this the first time a PPV has aired live on Sky Sports 3? Its always been Sky Sports 1 before. I guess they are going all out trying to get folks to pay that extra £10.
No PPV comes to mind that has aired on SS3 so to my mind this will be the first one that is on there

FreeSpirit

There have been a couple of PPV's Live on Sky Sports 3 before, I remember one time before my cousin had to come round and watch it round mine because he didn't have the channel. Just can't remember what PPV it was though.

H}{H-Evolution

Perhaps the PPV's are now being moved there, so to justify the otherwise nonsensical move...after all, how else do you entice the WWE fans to pony up more dough? >>;

I have no sky or general Cable - Being only a Freeview viewer...but even I see how that sucks Total nuts.
I can't see any good reason for it, actually - shame on them for loving the money too much!

Last edited:

FreeSpirit

Is this the first time a PPV has aired live on Sky Sports 3? Its always been Sky Sports 1 before. I guess they are going all out trying to get folks to pay that extra £10.
No PPV comes to mind that has aired on SS3 so to my mind this will be the first one that is on there
WWE Unforgiven 2005 on Sunday 18th September aired Live on Sky Sports 3. I'm pretty sure that's not the only one either. :thumbup2:

Kanenite

I dont egt why exactly that is Sky's fault...why dont you just splash out and get the whole deal?!
Added altogether I don't know if you realise but that's a hell of a lot of money for a few channels. An extra tenner might not sound that much but an extra £120 a year could be used much more efficiently for other things. My mum had a phonecall the other day which would lower Sky to £25 a month yet no Sky Sports so she had to deny it. The prices are disgusting really and if we ever had money problems that would be at the top of things to go.

Nemesis Enforcer

WWE Unforgiven 2005 on Sunday 18th September aired Live on Sky Sports 3. I'm pretty sure that's not the only one either. :thumbup2:
Well thats why I couldn't think of one, I can't remember what happened on Raw last night never mind what channel a PPV was on in 2005 :lol:

Last edited:

The Joker

I pay for my own Sky, and I dont even have the Sports Update on it. Good thing the parents pay for Virgin Media! Looks like Virgin Media have won this time, when they had a big row over channels early this year.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks. I posted about it on W101 so that info was helpful :thumbup2:

To me it just looks as though they are trying to get anyone who didnt have SS3 but watched the PPVs on SS1 to try and upgrade their package. Although I just thought it wont make much difference since this is the last free PPV on Sky Sports until February 2008.