Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Shawn Michaels: The Icon, The Showstopper, The Champ?

Jimmy Redman

You're still not making any sense.

Cody and Teddy wouldnt find someone else to be lackeys for at all. If they ever split with Randy it will be because they're going to try one or both of them on their own. Surely you know this.

And more crucially for me, Shawn Michaels is a face. There is no earthly reason why he would want or need lackeys. There is no earthly reason why Cody and Teddy, as heels, would look to a face to join up with, and there's no earthly reason why Cody and Teddy, as faces, would need someone to be lackeys for. Not to mention Shawn Michaels is in DX already. Not to mention this is now 4 faces ganging up to take down one heel they've already taken down, it makes absolutely no sense.

It just doesnt work on either a general or a specific level. Generally, a bunch of heel lackeys dont decide to leave their leader en masse and choose a top face as a new leader. Specifically, Cody and Teddy wouldnt leave Randy and choose HBK as their new leader. There's just no earthly good reason why Michaels would form a stable with Cody and Teddy.

So yeah, even with the condescension the idea still doesnt have any merit.

Jimmy Redman

You're still not making any sense.

Cody and Teddy wouldnt find someone else to be lackeys for at all. If they ever split with Randy it will be because they're going to try one or both of them on their own. Surely you know this.

And more crucially for me, Shawn Michaels is a face. There is no earthly reason why he would want or need lackeys. There is no earthly reason why Cody and Teddy, as heels, would look to a face to join up with, and there's no earthly reason why Cody and Teddy, as faces, would need someone to be lackeys for. Not to mention Shawn Michaels is in DX already. Not to mention this is now 4 faces ganging up to take down one heel they've already taken down, it makes absolutely no sense.

It just doesnt work on either a general or a specific level. Generally, a bunch of heel lackeys dont decide to leave their leader en masse and choose a top face as a new leader. Specifically, Cody and Teddy wouldnt leave Randy and choose HBK as their new leader. There's just no earthly good reason why Michaels would form a stable with Cody and Teddy.

So yeah, even with the condescension the idea still doesnt have any merit.

etz

Yeah because no stable has ever turned on their leader and made common cause with their former enemies....

And, as I already said, I don't see it as possible now but before the last few PPV's all Ted and Cody had really done was make the save for Orton. Few people really had a beef with them precisely because they were just Orton's lackeys. Orton was the one punting people, so what better way for Shawn to exact revenge than by turning his own people against him, or at least assisting them to kick the crap out of him.

PS, that wasn't condescension, that was how I always voice wrestlers in my head. Sometimes I give them a southern drawl too. It's why I daren't look at TWOStars or anything like that, I'd be lynched. Way too much WCW influence when I was younger. Probably where the "crazy" booking ideas come from too.

Last edited:

etz

Yeah, because that makes this specific idea valid in any way...
Ok, so Ted and Cody are turning on Randy but need some backup and they turn to ___INSERT NAME HERE_____________ ?

put another way

Ok, so Ted and Cody are turning on Randy but need some backup, do they :

A) Approach Orton's greatest enemies, call a truce and launch a joint strike against him

B) Recruit another midcarder to help them

C) Run away crying and hide in the toilets

D) the lackeys beat down the man whose supposed to be uber-dangerous and psycho

E) Fill in your own option

Seriously, all this over something we ALL KNOW IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN, we're just playing the speculation game. You don't think it makes sense. Well, bully for you. If WWE booked it right, you'd swallow it hook, line and sinker, just like everyone else. It's wrestling, as long as it makes some kind of vague sense, we'll all swallow it, time and time again. You don't have to look hard to find far less sensible angles than this (at the time it was suggested, which is weeks ago now). Miss Wrestlemania, anyone? Kane kidnapping and torturing Rey? So you all can carry on and on about how it doesn't make sense while still watching far less sensible angles every single week, if you like. Please, feel free. Me, I'ma movin on.

Right now, I'm playing the "superkick everyone in the face" vbooking game...

Also, this thread has gone REALLY far off topic..

Last edited:

Paul

Ok, so Ted and Cody are turning on Randy but need some backup and they turn to ___INSERT NAME HERE_____________ ?

A heel, turning Orton face.

Jimmy Redman

I dont understand why you (etz) are getting so upset. You think its a valid idea. I dont. We all know it isnt happening regardless. We're just discussing sh*t here, there's no right or wrong answer. I get dont the beef.

The Beltster

Again....just letting this whole "Legacy" Xth generation thing dominate your entire view.

When you're planning Ted and Cody's turn on Randy, it makes sense that they'd find another "A" star to back them up. As I said (which you just utterly ignored...), that would effectively be the end of Legacy AS IT IS NOW, though they might keep the name. I wouldn't, but WWE, well you never know.
You dont need to put it real simple, because its a real stupid idea regardless of how you put it.

I'm letting the Legacy/x gen dominate my view because they are a group put together SPECIFICALLY because of their family lineage in the business. Thats the whole point of legacy and without that common bond, they dont mean anything!

Look, if WWE have Orton disassociate with Legacy for whatever reason, they will either bring in another famous xgen wrestler to take over or they would bring in Dusty or Million Dollar Man to be their manager I expect. They wouldnt bring Shawn in because bringing him in would make ZERO sense and go against everything that Legacy are supposed to be. Having Shawn lead them would make as much sense as having Cena, Batista or Undertaker lead them. Big name guy sure, but utterly pointless.

I find it funny that your getting your knickers in a twist and saying "Well if WWE booked it right with vague sense, you'd all swallow it damnit!" and then you follow up by giving an idea which doesnt only not make vague sense, but it makes f*ck all sense :lol:

All that being said, when they do eventually break away, I expect the team to disband so it doesnt matter anyway.

The Beltster

Cena would sort of make sense, because isn't John Cena Snr. a wrestler?
Nah he's a manager on various low brow indy shows. Plus, I'm pretty sure he got involved in wrestling after Cena Jr. Either way, I dont class Cena as 2nd gen and having him lead Legacy would be retarded.