Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Serious Injury at TNA PPV (Minor spoilers)

Jimmy Redman

Jesse Sorensen took a knee to the head from Ion's moonsault in the opener and collapsed, out cold. very scarily.

All that has been said on the air is that Jesse Sorensen was taken to a local medical facility after being knocked out in the opener on the TNA PPV in Orlando.

An update is that Sorensen is undergoing tests in the hospital to determine the nature of what is wrong with him but he's got a neck injury.

Sorensen was wrestling Zema Ion and caught a knee to the head on a moonsault off the middle rope to the floor and was knocked out. The match was then stopped prematurely.
- F4WOnline.com

The Jesse Sorensen situation is serious. Two backstage observers say his body went numb. They won't have test results for several hours.
- ProWrestling.net

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
That's the risk when you employ a guy like Ion who flips himself off stuff with little thought..

The Fury

The Last King of Scotland
Subscriber
only just heard about it, really hoping he's ok as no one wants to see any wrestler suffer a severe head/neck injury

Chris2K

A slightly concerning update from F4W:

Jesse Sorensen remains hospitalized in intensive care after suffering a neck injury when Zema Ion's knee hit him in the top of the head while executing a moonsault out of the ring.

Those in TNA have not been told anything, which has been a cause of concern. The only word they've gotten is he is able to move his arms, and that he does have feeling in his legs but hasn't been able to move them.
I hope he recovers from this as he's probably the best young talent TNA has on its roster, plus of course nobody deserves to be struck down like this at such a young age.

EDIT: Whilst TNA can't get any exact information, the fact that they have absolutely NOTHING about Sorensen's health on their website is completely inexcusable. I know that they probably want to get their facts straight but a simple overview of the current situation for people who may not know where to get the information is something they should be doing.

Last edited:

Chris2K

I've just checked the roster. Sorensen, Ion and Mark Haskins are the only three guys 25 or under, and of those I think Sorensen is the best.

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
Tony Nesse is oplder than 25? Surprised slightly. Plus despite the fact he;s the cause of the thread Zima Ion is better on the mic than Sorensen and probably in ring as well. Sorenesen is like what you get if you put all your stat points equally across a character in SD V Raw.

Chris2K

Oh yeah, Anthony Nese too, although he's so popular he doesn't have a Wikipedia page so I couldn't find his age.

More importantly:

"Jesse Sorensen has sustained a C1 vertebrae fracture with spinal cord edema. He is slowly regaining feeling and movement in his arms and legs. He wants to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Once we speak to the neurosurgeon, we will pass on more details."
That's directly from Dixie.

Omega

Global Modd
Subscriber
Wow, he's very lucky if he;s walking away from a c1 fracture.

Having just watched the incident it looks like Ion went for a fairly normal moonsault from the second rope but really got more height than distance so he'd under rotated and instead of basically coming down like a splash, stomach first he;s practically coming down face first and his knees just crack Sorensen right on the top of the head rather than into his neck per-say.

Last edited:

Da Showstoppa

Wow, he's very lucky if he;s walking away from a c1 fracture.

Having just watched the incident it looks like Ion went for a fairly normal moonsault from the second rope but really got more height than distance so he'd under rotated and instead of basically coming down like a splash, stomach first he;s practically coming down face first and his knees just crack Sorensen right on the top of the head rather than into his neck per-say.
They cut to the crowd on Challenge - I'm watching the PPV now. Glad he's getting better though.