Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Series I've abandoned watching before

Steve King

I couldn't get the hang of Outlander and Black Sails. I also know that almost everyone else enjoyed Breaking Bad, yet I didn't watch it past the first season.

ShadowEdge

Outlander was a hard show to get into because there was so much talking and romance. I couldn't watch it either. I stopped watching MTV's reality shows like Real World and Road Rules. I just couldn't keep up. I would like to abandon more shows than I do, but FOMO is real. Killing Eve has been pretty terrible these past two seasons. Maybe I'll start with it.

Dwayne

I couldn't get the hang of Outlander and Black Sails. I also know that almost everyone else enjoyed Breaking Bad, yet I didn't watch it past the first season.
Except for Black Sails, I enjoyed the first two seasons of Outlander and watched Breaking Bad till the end. For the latter's case, the plot builds slowly, especially at the beginning.

TynBox

Breaking Bad was the best thing I've watched since The X Files. I know they're two very different genre's, but the writing on both was fantastic.

Poppy

I think Sabrina the Teenage Witch was the last one I abandoned. I tend to stick it out really. I think disappointing shows are easier to take when you tune in every week because you've invested in them already. I abandon lots of shows when I'm bingeing them. One or two bad episodes and I'm out.

lymmo

Breaking Bad was the best thing I've watched since The X Files. I know they're two very different genre's, but the writing on both was fantastic.
These are the kind of movies that you watch and try to imagine what was going through the creator's mind. I hardly stop what I start (even when I don't get the hang of it).

Dwayne

I think Sabrina the Teenage Witch was the last one I abandoned. I tend to stick it out really. I think disappointing shows are easier to take when you tune in every week because you've invested in them already. I abandon lots of shows when I'm bingeing them. One or two bad episodes and I'm out.
When bingeing, no one ever wants to move from an excellent movie to a boring one, and so I understand why you would abandon some of them along the way!