Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Safeway Open

jack25

I am currently familiarizing myself with golf, and it looks like an interesting spot. I was watching the Safeway Open and saw Sam Burns take a two-shot lead into the weekend. For the golfers here, what do the terms birdie and double-bogey mean? Is anyone following the new PGA Tour season?

Snarky-Guru

I think golf looks so boring, so I can't say that I follow it. I like hearing about the gossip though. My father plays golf, so I can tell you that double-bogey means the golfer sunk the ball within two strokes. I'm not sure what birdie means though. I never heard him use that term.

Ogmore

I'm no expert, but I golf with workmates sometimes. Par = the number of strokes that a golfer is expected to take to sink the ball. Birdie = 1 less than that number. I don't watch golf on telly and I don't follow the pros.