Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

S.M.A.R.T. Goals

Classified

The end of the year AND the decade is here. Tomorrow starts a new round. So, if you're serious about turning a new leaf there is a way.
Specific
Measurable
Achievable
Relevant
Time-bound

These criteria are what makes a goal a SMART goal. This is a PDF file that takes the concept and leaves it Broken down and explained if, again, you're really serious about making a change in your life. The main thing is this: your resolution/goal has to be specific. Not something general like "I want to lose weight". How much and how long will you give yourself?

Happy New Year everyone!

coleman

Every time this is mentioned, I remember how setting goals and objectives can be difficult. How has this process been, and how long did it take you to put everything into perspective?

Dust and Rust

This seems to be a discussion for mature audiences only. It drives home the fact that resolutions are goals without a focus. But if I have made a resolution for the new year, it's that I plan on keeping a keener focus on what I need to do rather than what I want to do.

Classified

On the surface, that sounds rather general. But I get the feeling it's not. Without going into personal detail, could you expand on what you mean by that? You might be able to help out a few people with their goal setting.

coleman

This seems to be a discussion for mature audiences only. It drives home the fact that resolutions are goals without a focus. But if I have made a resolution for the new year, it's that I plan on keeping a keener focus on what I need to do rather than what I want to do.
In my view, resolutions are general statements that don't address the "how-to" aspect of whatever we want to achieve. From experience, goal and objective setting seem complicated, probably because of the methods used.