• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Rottweiler attacks begin Witch-Hunt.

Taki

Ratings
I'm sure everyone has seen the recent events on the news of 2 children being attacked by "DEVIL DOGS" and ok so everyone has an opinion but does that mean that because everyone doesnt like them right now that all Rottweilers should be put down?

Sorry like but being a Rottweiler owner I'm rather inclined to say no as the first event involving the baby was irresponsibilty on the parents part the dogs that attacked were born and bred guard dogs that was their purpose they were never intended to be left with children.

The second one with the boy I'm not sure what happened but if the dog was chained up like papers have said then it was doing what its meant to be doing protecting its space. You never let children near a chained dog.

How come if a lab bites someone its never in the papers a guard dog doing its duty kills someone and it is. Ok so it was a baby but guard dogs dont differenciate between adult and baby the way we do they sense a stranger and attack. When my dog is on a chain only I can go near her because she knows me I am her master I control her, I would never let my children into the yard whilst she is on her chain, she's a family pet yes but like anyone she will guard her territory when put in a position to do so.

I have been hounded at the school this week by parents telling me my dog needs to be killed. Why my dog has done nothing wrong. Apparently shes a danger to the school children even though I live over a mile away from the school. I am losing my patience with ignoramus' who have no idea that Rotts can be just as cute as that pink poodle down the street or the silly thing Paris Hilton carries around in her handbag. I would much rather put my faith in a Rottweiler than trust a yappy snappy thing that has no reason to bite other than its bored.

So I get to my main point Rottweiler owners are being persecuted by all and sundry because of these attacks. These owners who cannot handle the pressure are given up their perfectly fine dogs who have never bitten anyone or shown any disire to do so because of media hype, a woman had killer dog spray painted on her house, a Rottweiler was found hacked into pieces when the owner who came home from work went into the yard to feed it. People have gone round releasing Rottweilers from pens trying to get them to bite them. Without success may I add. I cant walk my dog during the day for fear of being chased now I'm not afraid for myself but my dog when she does whats natural to her and tries to protect me and gets slaughtered for doing so. People should be more worried of me than my pup but they wont be for some time. My friend brought her Rott down mine on monday and she was being followed by people shouting abuse. This isn't fair.

I know of a CORGI who attacked and fatally wounded a 19 year old boy whilst her slept, any news coverage on that NO, and it didnt get put down, nor did it when it bit my ankle or when it bit a postmans finger off.

Rottweilers aint the terrorists they are being made out to be.

BRM has met mine he'll agree she's softer than a white fluffy cloud and many are so why persecute the many when only the few do wrong.

xXx

Inno

I'm the good looking one up there
Subscriber
Ratings
Gill has always said, and I agree - it's not the dog you worry about, it's the owner. Some of the most vicious little ******* dogs I've ever seen have been yorkie terriers, westies, shelties - the bigger dogs are generally too lazy to give a **** about anything.

MrFill

Ratings
It's all about how a dog is raised as to whether it's going to be agressive or not.

I've known people with Rotties, Dobermans and other breeds which people think of as being the more violent ones, and they've generally been really "soppy".

If an owner trains the dog to be violent, then it'll be violent, and if the owner isn't the "alpha" in the house, then the dog will become more alpha and thus more agressive.

It almost makes me wish that they'd re-introduce the dog license.

Popsi

Ratings
I'm sure everyone has seen the recent events on the news of 2 children being attacked by "DEVIL DOGS" and ok so everyone has an opinion but does that mean that because everyone doesnt like them right now that all Rottweilers should be put down?

Sorry like but being a Rottweiler owner I'm rather inclined to say no as the first event involving the baby was irresponsibilty on the parents part the dogs that attacked were born and bred guard dogs that was their purpose they were never intended to be left with children.

The second one with the boy I'm not sure what happened but if the dog was chained up like papers have said then it was doing what its meant to be doing protecting its space. You never let children near a chained dog.

How come if a lab bites someone its never in the papers a guard dog doing its duty kills someone and it is. Ok so it was a baby but guard dogs dont differenciate between adult and baby the way we do they sense a stranger and attack. When my dog is on a chain only I can go near her because she knows me I am her master I control her, I would never let my children into the yard whilst she is on her chain, she's a family pet yes but like anyone she will guard her territory when put in a position to do so.

I have been hounded at the school this week by parents telling me my dog needs to be killed. Why my dog has done nothing wrong. Apparently shes a danger to the school children even though I live over a mile away from the school. I am losing my patience with ignoramus' who have no idea that Rotts can be just as cute as that pink poodle down the street or the silly thing Paris Hilton carries around in her handbag. I would much rather put my faith in a Rottweiler than trust a yappy snappy thing that has no reason to bite other than its bored.

So I get to my main point Rottweiler owners are being persecuted by all and sundry because of these attacks. These owners who cannot handle the pressure are given up their perfectly fine dogs who have never bitten anyone or shown any disire to do so because of media hype, a woman had killer dog spray painted on her house, a Rottweiler was found hacked into pieces when the owner who came home from work went into the yard to feed it. People have gone round releasing Rottweilers from pens trying to get them to bite them. Without success may I add. I cant walk my dog during the day for fear of being chased now I'm not afraid for myself but my dog when she does whats natural to her and tries to protect me and gets slaughtered for doing so. People should be more worried of me than my pup but they wont be for some time. My friend brought her Rott down mine on monday and she was being followed by people shouting abuse. This isn't fair.

I know of a CORGI who attacked and fatally wounded a 19 year old boy whilst her slept, any news coverage on that NO, and it didnt get put down, nor did it when it bit my ankle or when it bit a postmans finger off.

Rottweilers aint the terrorists they are being made out to be.

BRM has met mine he'll agree she's softer than a white fluffy cloud and many are so why persecute the many when only the few do wrong.

xXx
In reference to that bit, the parents didnt leave the dogs with te baby. They escaped from the roof they were being held in and found their way down to the baby.

As for the breed, well all dogs can be dangerous, some more than others. But having a dog which is bred to be agressive by its very nature is for me asking for trouble.

Ratings
My Best friend has a very aggresive dog and I refuse to go around his house! I'm afarid of dogs at the best of times but this thing is dahm scary.

His brother's girl friend has just had a baby they live with at home with him and the dog. I'm very surpised they have kept the dog because dogs get very jealous of the attention babys get. Although nothing as happened yet I would still keep the baby away.

I know why the dog is like it though, another one of his olders brothers both it off his friend. They teased and beat the crap out of this dog and that is what makes him like this.

A lot of people thing having a dog like this is "Gangstar!" but wait until it bites you or attacks your family then who will be "Gangstar!"

Hemme

Ratings
His brother's girl friend has just had a baby they live with at home with him and the dog. I'm very surpised they have kept the dog because dogs get very jealous of the attention babys get. Although nothing as happened yet I would still keep the baby away.
Aye, this guy who we used to work for had a new baby, the dog, a Collie attacked the baby a few weeks later, luckly the guy was only out of the room for a couple of seconds, & he was able to stop the dog quickly, the baby had a pretty nasty bite to her face, but thankfully it's healed very well.

It's all about how a dog is raised as to whether it's going to be agressive or not.
Yeah, totally agree with that, our new neighbours have a dog, a lovely Staffy, & it's really playfull, no agressiveness at all in the dog, because it's treated like a pet, not a guard dog, I think thats a big difference.

Dazoggsta

Ratings
It's unfair to persecute the whole breed because of a few very unfortunate incidents. It's the same as saying all muslims are terrorists, which is rubbish.

As has been said, it's about how the dog is raised and treated, as to what it's temperment will be. Of course some dogs are naturally more agressive than others, and rottweilers are one of those, but that is no reason to destroy them all. It's stupid people baying for their blood, if they must go after something, turn on the damn drunk drivers that get 5 years in jail for killing someone.

Christof

Ratings
How come if a lab bites someone its never in the papers a guard dog doing its duty kills someone and it is. Ok so it was a baby but guard dogs dont differenciate between adult and baby the way we do they sense a stranger and attack.
Surely you've just summed this up yourself? There is a difference between a bite and killing someone, added to that it's a baby and you have why this made the national news. Fido nips someone whilst playing is slightly different to Rottweiler mauls baby to death.

You're comparing a minor event to a major event and wondering why one has more coverage. I scored my first fifty earlier in the season but for some reason Kevin Pietersen's expolits kept me from the sports pages, fairplay really.

K.J

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
As has been said before it's not about the dog it's about the owner, but I think all large dogs should be muzzled and kept on leads in public. The wife and I had a debate the other day when a guy walked past our house with a Rottweiler that wasn't on a lead, she said it didn't need to be on a lead because they're big softies and not dangerous, apparently she was wrong.

People may know their dog, but dog's really aren't the intelligent animals people think they are, they can snap at any time. Large dogs that are capable of inflicting major injuries should be restrained to stop them causing the kind of damage they're capable of, and their owners should recognise the responsibility, rather than worrying about how hard they look walking around with their dog.

Ratings
There is a movement where I'm at to have all Bulldogs put down for the same reason. I do agree though, it all depends on how the dog is raised. I think Bulldogs require dangerous animal licenses over here, which aparently the city had gotten pretty lax on until this.

MrFill

Ratings
If they're putting the breed down because of a couple of killings, maybe they should put all Americans down because there have been many cases of American kids killing other kids. :D

Anime Otaku

Ratings
I heard about that too and it's stupid that all dogs of a certain breed are singled out because of a few dogs that weren't trained right.

Twig

Ratings
I oppose any and all breed-specific legislation, as do any decent, honest veterinarians. The concept of such a law is just one step below racist... it's dogist.

By the way, poodles are more likely then pitbulls, dobermans, rottweilers, and bulldogs to be agressive by nature due to inbreeding as it is/was such a desired breed. Any poodle I've ever met has been a cold, unaffectionate dog. One, well trained as it was (it was the pet of my dog training instructor) simply wouldn't tolerate any children.

In regards to the attacks on children, well that really is unfortunate, however was anyone around to see the events leading up to the attacks? Everyone makes it seem as if they were unprovoked attacks on innocent children, but what if they weren't? Small children take years to develop the understanding that they are not the only beings in the world that have feelings like they do. It takes them long enough to learn that other people have emotions, let alone other animals. Have you ever seen a toddler manhandle a cat, only for the cat to turn around and swipe at the kid?

As has been said before it's not about the dog it's about the owner, but I think all large dogs should be muzzled and kept on leads in public. The wife and I had a debate the other day when a guy walked past our house with a Rottweiler that wasn't on a lead, she said it didn't need to be on a lead because they're big softies and not dangerous, apparently she was wrong.
I think all dogs should be kept on a leash in public, regardless of how small/large, or well trained they are. It's for their safety as well as others. I think muzzles are uneccessarry, though. A dog can snap at any time? So can a person, cat, squirrel, bird, or mouse. And it's not exactly at "any time" it's always for reasons that may, or may not be noticable. Stress, neurological disorders, provocation can all cause anyone to snap.

And while we're killing all the pits, bulldogs, rottweilers, and dobermans, we probably shouldn't let black people buy anything that can be sharpened intpo a point, don't want them shanking anyone now do we? :rolleyes2: I guess Asians and women shouldn't be allowed to drive either? They really are a danger behind the wheel.

Last edited:

Taki

Ratings
In reference to that bit, the parents didnt leave the dogs with te baby. They escaped from the roof they were being held in and found their way down to the baby.

As for the breed, well all dogs can be dangerous, some more than others. But having a dog which is bred to be agressive by its very nature is for me asking for trouble.

No they didnt leave the dogs with the baby they left the fire escape door leading to the roof where the dogs were kept wide open. Which in turn let the dogs into the area in which the baby was sleeping.

My kids came home from school today in a terrible mess because people we're picking on them because they have a "KILLER DOG" this isn't fair the dog is a member of our family she is my little girl.

I do believe people should go through a suitability test before they are allowed a dog.

Christof in reply to your comment I've bore witness to a lab bite a young boys face off this lab was soft as **** apparently yeah right to do that obviously not. Rotts attract attention because everyone already fears them as they are large dogs.

Rotts are no more dangerous than a King Charles Spaniel if kept right.

Rottweiler owners dont buy thier dogs to look gangsta thats what Staffs are for, Rotts cost far too much in acquiring for a start then theres the registration fee if its pure bred then the shedload of vaccines they have to have and the truck load of food each week to feed them. Rotts aint dogs for silly minded unemployed people who want to look hard Rotts are dogs for people who have time and patience to care and love them. Yeah they look big and hard but they are more docile and loving than any dog I've ever had.

My other half is damn straight scared of dogs, for the first few weeks we were together my dog had to be locked away when he was at my house, now he's jumping to her defence when people in work mention she should be put down. He's been bitten by so many dogs that any reason to get rid of an "AGGRESSIVE KILLER DOG" should be well on his agenda but its not, we have both said if anyone comes to the house to get the dog they have bigger worries with us.

Not much gets my blood boiling but this is about a creature I take as being a major functional part of my family, I will abide by any laws they bring in, my dog is already leashed whenever we go out she's also muzzled although she doesnt need to be, as a responsible Rotty owner I will agree that there are some people out there who dont bring their dogs up properly and without proper love they can turn nasty but these dogs are normally treated that way because they aren't meant to be big soft cuddly toys they are meant to be mean and aggressive to guard whatever they are there for.

No dog attacks without reason, Rottweilers are too logical to attack unless its of worth to them.

xXx

Nicole

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Ratings
I got bit by a Rottweiler, who seemed to go for everything in sight. Dangerous dogs should be muzzled or destroyed, personally I think they should be muzzled all the time if children could be around. I hate dogs in general anyway.

Proudy

Ratings
Being a dog lover, I wouldnt like to see any dog breed Completely wiped out, just because of a few dogs that werent kept unber control by their owners.

Christof

Ratings
Christof in reply to your comment I've bore witness to a lab bite a young boys face off this lab was soft as **** apparently yeah right to do that obviously not. Rotts attract attention because everyone already fears them as they are large dogs.
Again though, however bad that is - it is still not mauling something to death. Maybe you're failing to see the context here as you have an emotional attachment to rottweilers.

MojoPogo

Ratings
Dogs are like people, individuals. Again, much depends on they're background, but again, like people, you get the odd "rogue" that just turns out to be "bad", however entire breeds should not be perscecuted over the actions of a minority. There are bigger moral complications if we start doing that. In no way am i trying to assuage blame, in both cases the dogs should probably be destroyed (and probably have been, particularly in the first instance where it seems they were not under requisite control), but what about taking proper action against owner who fail to exercise proper control, and/or bring the dogs up incorrectly. Its a thorny issue for sure.

Taki

Ratings
How come a dog attacks it gets put down a human kills someone in a dispicable way and they get to live. Dogs like Rotts only attack when they feel threatened humans kill in cold blood and get put in prison for 5 years come out do it again oh here have another 5 years of 3 square meals a day you know thats what makes me sick.

Ok so not everyone sees the calm cute side to Rotts the side that you cuddle up to watching a movie on a saturday night when you're home alone, or that takes a childs sleeping blanket to them when they forget it, I'm one of very few that gets to see that because I'm not blinkered like most of the population into thinking all they can do is kill. Ok so its been said the day the devil comes he will have hell dogs by his side and common belief says they will be Rotts, I'd be more inclined to say Dobermans. I've owned both and in comparison the Rotts are deffinately more relaxed and chilled than Dobermans but hey you never see Dobermans attack do you? Yeah ****ing right you do, but because Prince Phillip owns like 50 of them it's ignored same with Corgi's I live in the county where these little violent ****ers are bred even the breeders dont like them but they get paid so much by the Queen to keep doing so that the money grabbing *******s wont stop. My friend was due to go for olympic trials when she was 15 2 days before a Corgi ripped her achilles tendon off, then went mad a continued to attack everyone in the vacinity.
Anyone remember the Lab that went nuts 5 years ago killed 3 kids the mother and the father whilst they slept, hmm thought not cos its a ****ing lab "Loyal faithful calm companions mans best friend" now I love all dogs excpet Staffs but when 1 breed gets singled out for something all breeds are capable of I think its disgusting.

xXx

Christof

Ratings
How come a dog attacks it gets put down a human kills someone in a dispicable way and they get to live.
Because Humans are not Dogs and Humans are in charge of the planet not dogs. Simple.

I'm sure if we were under dog law then the human would be put down and the dog given a few dog years in doggie prison.