Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Richard Jewell

Boomer

I saw this the other day. I'm glad there's now a film about his story. The cast was great, including Olivia Wilde whose character got portrayed in a controversial way.

Ogmore

So you liked it then? Does the film really make female journalists look bad? I saw something about it in the paper, but I don't know much about the real life event so I just skimmed the article. I just remember a bit of a rant about how female journalists are portrayed.

Boomer

There was controversy about how a reporter, Kathy Scruggs, was portrayed. The movie made it look like she used sex appeal to tease a guy into giving her info. I don't think there was proof that she did that. She also passed away before Jewell.

Classified

Of all the movies Clint Eastwood has made, this one has the weakest opening. The interest just isn't there in the story, and that's kind of sad. The man's life was ruined because of rush judgements and sensationalized reporting. There's a lesson to be learned here.

headrush

The opening box office numbers do look low so far. I wonder if this story comes off as not that exciting, even with a bombing.

whaleshark

I watched this, too, and overall I liked it. I think you're onto something, @headrush . This actual event was interesting, but the storytelling in Richard Jewell was a little too quiet. There was *only* one explosion and no romantic storyline.