Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Ric Flair Quits

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPIB

Source: Pro Wrestling Torch
Apparently, Ric Flair quit WWE earlier in the week. The possible departure doesn't have anything to do with the recent drug scandal, he's simply frustrated with his push. Also, he hasn't had any encouraging communication from management.

WWE hasn't given Flair his release. WWE officials are trying hard to get him to cool off and not quit. They are having discussions to get things sorted because WWE doesn't want him to quit the company.

This is a shocker to me, as I thought WWE and Flair are on good terms. Will WWE give him a championship to keep him with the company? Also, Flair is in his late 50's (I think), what kind of push is he expecting?

The Great Ahmar

I can't see why Flair wouldn't just stay around till 'Mania and get his Hall of Fame and a big emotional send off match. As far as pushes, he isn't exactly a draw any more nor is he the "Man" in the ring any more either.

Dave7g

Nothing to do with WWE going down the toilet?

Yeah right!

Flair should have "quit" in 1993, WWE neve made him anything but a loser, and yes, that's WW"E" by the way.

SuperKick Kid

Nothing to do with WWE going down the toilet?

Yeah right!

Flair should have "quit" in 1993, WWE neve made him anything but a loser, and yes, that's WW"E" by the way.
Yep, making $345 million dollars a year is sure going down the toilet :rolleyes2:

It's not the company with Russo on staff.

TPIB

I have similar views on Flair as I do Hogan and that is, he's way over the hill. He has no business wrestling anymore. In all fairness to Hogan, he kept his career rolling longer than Flair. I think Flair can be a valuable talent, but I like him much better as a manager.

Craig

Flair's not going anywhere. I imagine he's just upset he's not been used recently, and Wade Keller being Wade Keller decided to report "Flair could quite possibly maybe kinda almost be leaving but he may not because management is trying to talk him out of it so we'll see. Also he's upset."

Craig

Observer said:
As reported by Pro Wrestling Torch, Ric Flair has given notice to WWE. This happened around 8/21 and has nothing to do with drug investigations or suspensions.

WWE has offered him a major program to return. The sides haven't and nobody except perhaps Flair knows where things stand at this moment.
I still don't think he'll go anywhere.

EDIT - And how the hell can you have sex with a computer to give it AIDS? Where do you put "it" in?

The Great Ahmar

I still don't think he'll go anywhere.

EDIT - And how the hell can you have sex with a computer to give it AIDS? Where do you put "it" in?
Spybots jump your PC from behind and rape it leaving you with PC AIDS. Ad-Aware and AVG are like therapy to the PC, it helps but it never truly gets over it. Yeah I'm chanting doggy poo poo!

FreeSpirit

I don't know how anyone can find information on that site without their PC getting aids.
Download the Adblock Plus add-on (if you have Firefox), and you wont get dozens of annoying and unwanted ads. The pwinsider.com pages loads straight away.

Twig

sorry... did anyone see that?

I just wanted to preview a certain "post", but accidentally submissted it...

The Beltster

If Flair walks now on HIS terms, he can forget a Hall of Fame induction, at least this year.

He should stick it out until Mania, get his well deserved induction, collect more paycheques, get his WM payoff and then quit on good terms, maybe come back every-so-often like Hogan does.

Laffy

Wales forever!!!
Hes got to stay I need to see the Hall of Fame ceremony and if possible one last title run!! I loved Ric Flair in his prime and now even though he is no where near as good hes Ric Flair damn it. Let him do what he wants i sure he has earnt it!!!

dpddave

talent spotter
Subscriber
If Flair walks now on HIS terms, he can forget a Hall of Fame induction, at least this year.

He should stick it out until Mania, get his well deserved induction, collect more paycheques, get his WM payoff and then quit on good terms, maybe come back every-so-often like Hogan does.
That's what he should off done year's ago instead of becoming a job boy for the like's of Kenny Dykstra.

DarkMatchJobber

Yep, making $345 million dollars a year is sure going down the toilet :rolleyes2:

It's not the company with Russo on staff.
Also don't forget that WWE actually makes..........A PROFIT :lol:

Ric Flair's performances over the last five years may be an embarassment to his legacy but the least he'd deserve is a farewell match on a big ppv against a headliner.

Status
Not open for further replies.