Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Resident Evil Reboot

North

This is probably old, but I somehow missed the news when it first came out. I read an article on Variety about the selected scriptwriter and director for the new franchise which would probably start in 2019. I thought the last few movies didn't meet positive responses, so I wonder why. What are your thoughts?

Meerkat

If the movie will remove the main character, then it wouldn't be Resident Evil any longer. Movies and video games have different fans. I don't know, but I'm already happy with the conclusion of Resident Evil: Final Chapter.

Pumba

I'm interested in how they will revamp the movie. Even though the reviews were mediocre about the Resident Evil franchise, I would say that the reboot will have a hard time to become better than the previous movies.

Luna

If the movie will remove the main character, then it wouldn't be Resident Evil any longer. Movies and video games have different fans. I don't know, but I'm already happy with the conclusion of Resident Evil: Final Chapter.
They can always say that it's a spin-off or an extension of the known Resident Evil universe. If they want to make a reboot, though, then I expect the same characters and general plot line. It's time to change Milla Jovovich and the whole cast.

Meerkat

It's time to change Milla Jovovich and the whole cast.
I have to concur with your statement. 5 chapters are enough for Milla's character. Maybe they can do a similar strategy with how The Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead have been portrayed.

North

If the movie will remove the main character, then it wouldn't be Resident Evil any longer.
Personally, I think retelling the same story with different faces is less interesting than going for a whole new plot. People will still compare the two, but at least the production team is allowed to be much more creative with the latter (similar to what The Walking Dead does).