Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Remembering lyrics

whothe_h_isshane

I just recently had a conversation with a friend of mine and I realized that remembering lyrics to songs isn't something normal. I grew up always remembering lyrics and I can sing along to hundreds, if not thousands of songs. I thought this was normal, but my mate said he has a hard time understanding lyrics because it's different than when someone is talking and therefore doesn't remember lyrics. Then my family told me they don't understand how I remember so many lyrics. In another thread more people said they couldn't understand what people were singing, so I was wondering, how good are you with understanding and remembering lyrics? Can you sing along to most songs you listen to?

lymmo

I have never been good at memorizing any lyrics to a song and yes, it is easier for some people to do so. While we were younger, there was a friend of mine who just needed one instance of listening to a song and all the lyrics would be stuck in his memory.

Chuckyy

I can understand lyrics, but it's not automatically imprinted in my brain or anything. I have to listen to a song a few times before the words stick. If it's a song I really like, I can usually memorize it pretty fast.

RegentLennox

I can understand lyrics, but it's not automatically imprinted in my brain or anything. I have to listen to a song a few times before the words stick. If it's a song I really like, I can usually memorize it pretty fast.
Same here. I usually have to listen to a song quite a number of times for the lyrics to stick. In fact, I have been listening to some songs for years but I still don't know the lyrics properly.

FlyyGurl

That is funny. I also have no problem remembering lyrics but a couple of my friends never seem to get lyrics right. It confuses me because I know they've listened to the song hundreds of times but still they mess up the lyrics. I never thought about it but I guess I do have a gift :p