• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Remakes

Ratings
Is anyone else frustrated by all the movies and shows which are just remakes from 10-30 years ago? It is like the imagination required to put out a good new show barely exists anymore. And the worst part of it is, the remakes are almost always terrible. It's not like the formula works to pump out some great content with an old idea.

Ratings
Yes! It's sheer laziness and a desire to cash in on an old idea with minimal work. And once one studio got away with it, they all started doing it. It seems like a good time for an indie group to break through. Just producing something unique will surely generate some buzz.

Zack T

Ratings
130 1
Not all remakes are bad. Battlestar Galactica on Syfy was a great reimagining compared to the original. The newest Spider-Man is a reboot, sort of a remake again for that character and it finally seems to have hit the perfect mark (Though I enjoyed the Toby McGuire Spider Man movies too).

Some are better than others. I enjoyed Ghostbusters remake with the ladies, but not everyone did. *shrug*

Ratings
For those with kids, I'm curious as to what they thought about the remake versus the version that you grew up with. I think it's nostalgia that sometimes makes us think the original version is so much better. And our version is always the original version, even if one came before it. Aladdin went over well with the kids, I took to see it. Will Smith seemed to delight them as Genie. The film was okay to me, nothing like the cartoon version I knew and loved, but it was decent. They hadn't seen that old version, though so they couldn't compare the two.

Ratings
Nostalgia always prevents me from enjoying modern remakes to something I watched when I was a kid. It just never seems to live up to the impression the movie made on me. I'll admit that I do find myself rewatching the old movie and being pretty disappointed. The memory of the movie is sometimes even better than the movie itself.