Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Regrets

Cactus Jack

So, regretted doing/not doing something? Or is there something happening in your life now that needs doing otherwise you'll end up regretting not doing anything (if you can break that down into sense)? It can be to do with anything; love, life, family etc.

:thumbup2:

Last edited:

Evil Gringo

Not really Evil, but I like Burritos
I fancied a girl all the way through High School, she was gorgous...

Didn't pluck up the courage to do anything and then on the last day she comes up to me and asks for my number, I was so flabergastted I didn't know what to do (plus was in a relationship at the time) and screwed it up royally...

I mean I'm happy now, my girl is great but you know sometimes you sit there and think... what if? You know what I mean?

Nicole

TWO Hall of Fame Member
I regret loadsa stuff, like not telling my friends how much they mean to me and being mean to them to show affection, which eventually means I lose them as mates and it just hurts. I regret never seeing my great nan in the hospital bed as she died, and I'll probably feel full of regret over HIM because I can't admit what I feel about him.

DraVen

I regret not getting that 69er off the giurl who used to fancy me at school. Damn my sensitive and shy nature.

Evil Gringo

You fool Draven... wait a minute so am I....

High School is just the worst place, I mean your thrown in there with girls and hormones and breasts... Women you have n idea how much boobs cause teenage lads to get excited, its like a great new toy at christmas! You've never had the option before and then wham there everywhere...

But High School I think is were people regret doing stuff... I mean I also got into drugs quite a bit in the latter stages of High School, I used them as a crutch as schoolwork and my home life began to suck... I wish I could change that, I'm clean now (and it wasn't heroin or coke either) but I wish I never started.

Nicole

TWO Hall of Fame Member
You think it's bad for boys surround with breasts? Jesus christ, I haven't had a convo to my face for years, they still haven't realised they don't talk back.

Last edited:

Evil Gringo

Well if you've got a nice figure Nic you should realise men lose their mental track and fixate...

But as a man I aplogise for it... but you should take it as partly a compliment...

And now I regret looking at womens boobs as much as a teenager...

Cactus Jack

Georgous girl at work that I quite fancy(actually, replace that with love), but I'm too shy and low on confidence to do anything about it. Of course I'm biased but not only is she physically attractive, she seems to be a great person as well. However, i know that if I don't do anything about it, even if it doesn't lead to anything, I'll regret it.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Chris2K

I regret ever setting foot in this place. KAM TRAPPED ME AND HELD ME HERE AGAINST MY WILL!!!!

......cjr......

i REGRET GETTING SMASHED TONIGHT AND HAVING A ****IN GRRYT ABOUT HOUR AGO, WHICH IS NO RPRATING ON ME, DAMN INDIA!!!!

Pabster

TWO Hall of Fame Member
You can do it Cactus bud. :) If you need another chat on MSN, give me a shout!

Boyo

Cactus, one sly way of doing it is getting to know a friend, getting drunk with the friend, and shyly telling the friend that you fancy this girl, and then go back into yourself saying "but she's a bit out of my league" or "she never notices me" or something along those lines.

Her friend will be so charmed she'll do the hard work for you. A couple of barriers crossed already by manipulating booze and women.

It's not the most chivalrous way of doing it but you can prove yor chivalry later. You've got to land her first.

Cheers!

A.C.

Just stick your hand up her top! (A recommendation from Charlie, a girl who sits opposite me at work)

or

I think it was Dudley Moore who said "Walk up to a woman with your c*ck in your hand, crying,". What that has to do with the conversation I'm not entirely sure.

You could do what I do: Get terribly drunk at a party and tell a girl who you're already friends with that you like her and then she says she likes you; then you say you like her like her and she says she never knew; then you say you both ought to go out for a meal sometime and she agrees; and then you never mention the incident again. Bah!

Russ

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Just one big regret for me. Everton.

Just in case you're unfamilar with the story, here goes. I played for Hutchie Vale in Edinburgh, a team with links to Everton. Every summer the coaches for the respective year sets would send down a few players to train with the Everton youth team, and some Irish lads as well (Am I right in saying they came from a team called Home Farm?). There was no set limit for the amount of players that the gaffer would pick, just everyone who had a good season. For some reason, despite the fact that I wasn't a first team regular (I was most comfortable sitting in front of the defence in a 4-1-3-2 formation, but most of the time we played a 3-5-2 and I was either stuck in centre midfield and told to push up or forsaken for an attacking midfielder) I was told I'd be going down to Liverpool for a few days in Autumn 2001 for a trial.

When I went down there with our gaffer and 4 other guys, we stayed in a Travel Inn and ate nothing but cold chicken and pasta. There was a bloody McDonalds nearby but the damn boss wouldn't let us near it, and we had to eat what his wife had made. What a nightmare.

Anyway, the football itself went quite well considering the organisation was a joke. Despite the fact that it's a Premiership team's set up, no one really knew what was happening. There were players of different ages playing on the same teams, no one knew all of our names except each team's manager and the warm up lasted the best part of an hour because no one in charge knew how to structure the trial.

Anyway, I ended up playing in my favourite position in front of a back four and didn't play too badly. I didn't make any huge mistakes and played some decent football, shoving the poor 16 and 17 year olds out of the way. Two days later we had another training session, then two days after that we had another few trial games.

At the end of the trial, we went back up to Scotland in the half empty mini bus eagerly awaiting our big break. But I was totally disillusioned. Some of the guys I was playing against looked like they could have stepped into the first team at Everton, especially one fat looking lad called Wayne something. ;)

Actually, I'm only kidding about Rooney. Chances are that I played against him, or at least saw him on the day since he would have been around if my maths is correct, but there was no one player who stood out, the quality of everyone playing was incredible. Anyway, I didn't think I had a hope in hell of getting to the next stage of the trial.

My manager talked to each of us at the next training session back in Edinburgh, and I had made up my mind that I didn't want to wait to hear if they liked what they saw in me. I said that I wanted to go to Uni in Scotland, my family wouldn't move for me and I didn't fancy living alone at my age and the biggest reason was that even if by some miracle they liked me, there was no way I could keep playing at that level week in, week out for the next few years and not get found out. I was never the most gifted player of all time, I relied more on my strength and tackling, and soon enough I'd get ripped apart by a player who was stronger than me and could dribble past my challenges.

We decided that I didn't have any interest in playing football professionally, and that I could always play for a part time team in Scotland's lower leagues while getting my degree at Uni. Even although I was invited for trials with East Stirlingshire (Sir Alex Ferguson's first team, and officially the worst side in Scotland) and Stenhousemuir due to friends I had who had went on to play for these sides, I turned them down and decided that I probably wasn't good enough to be a footballer, and I would go to Uni, get my degree and hopefully get a nice job.

So yeah, that's my regret. If I had waited around for a few weeks, Everton might have told me to bugger off. Then again, if I had gotten lucky, they might have invited me back for the second trial, I could have played excellent and gotten signed by them. I realise that the chances were a million to one, but maybe if I had watched Rocky back then, I could have had a bit more confidence and gave it my best shot.

Ah well, it could be worse. I could have signed for East Stirling and gotten laughed at after we finished the season at the bottom of the league, about 25 points adrift of 2nd bottom. Like they did this season. :)

charlie

Just stick your hand up her top! (A recommendation from Charlie, a girl who sits opposite me at work)
Can I just point out that's not me he's talking about!

My biggest regrets? I don't know that I have any huge regrets. There's nothing I'd go back and change in my life, I've done everything the way I've done it, and I'm happy now. Don't dwell on the past, and if it's bothering you now, do something about it. I may end up regretting the very snotty email I sent my boss earlier today, but damn it made me feel good.

Goldy

charlie said:
Can I just point out that's not me he's talking about!
lol, i'm thinking it's probably the girl who got him to wear the lip gloss :D

bet he regrets that hehe

Popsi

no real major regrets, just a couple of what ifs really. as in what if id put off having my knee op - would i still be playing at international level or would i be wrecked. i tend to try and move on - the past cant be changed so i figure just use my time dealing with the present and its problems