Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Redoing botched spots

ShadowEdge

Unless it's terribly obvious, I might not even notice a botch - unless you try to reattempt the spot! It's like a glaring neon sign. I'm starting to notice it more and more lately. It's okay to mess up guys, just keep it moving. Does this bug anyone else?

Sometimes it looks like one of them has forgotten what comes next so the wrestler sort of starts over, just going through the moves to jar their memory. I'm not sure why that's the go-to option instead of immediately grabbing their opponents arm or leg and going into a hold long enough to pull their senses together. It would look more natural.

Snarky-Guru

That's strange. I agree that reattempting a botched manoeuvre is usually silly, but I haven't noticed that happening. I've seen some swinging into and kicking into thin air and some wrestlers who struggled to get over the ropes, but no one tried to rewind and redo it. Maybe I just missed it. Is it something super obvious or something you need to look for?

Zack T

I've seen it on occasion, I agree it's happened a bit more often lately than normal. But I'm more forgiving, because you're in a fast paced environment where you're basically thinking on your feet and sometimes things just don't occur to us in the moment. Hindsight is 20/20, you know?