Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread - September 20, 2010 from Indianapolis, IN (#904)

TPIB

Last week's Season Premiere of RAW scored a 3.0 rating, the same number as the previous week.

(RAW for September 27 was taped in the same venue)

Venue
Conseco Fieldhouse in Indianapolis, IN

Confirmed Matches/Events

NEW WWE Champion Randy Orton To Appear

John Cena Vs. Wade Barrett

NEW United States Champion Daniel Bryan To Appear

Night of Champions Fallout

Last edited:

Dante Spears

....Did Daniel Bryan Danielson just come out to Ride of the Valkyries? :lol:

Edge's expression was priceless.

Sean Johnson

Ok, what's going on with the ring music? Daniel Bryan coming out to whatever that was, and Dibiase coming out to T-Pain??? I'm surprised Cena didn't come out to "Barbie Girl".

DraVen

Miz, once again, made the show worth watching. His intensity with Bryan was awesome and although it's completely stupid to continue the feud, I'm glad that they allowed him to be so strong again.

Everything else was ok. Nothing particularly great or even good. It was all just there.

Jung

Hhhmm it was ok but the booking is just rubbish.

They just throw random stipulations and completely illogical scenarios out willy nilly and you just end going "what?". The whole GM thing doesn't make any sense most of the time, Wade Barrett and NXT all look like idiots, Cena doesn't care about not winning the title yet again, the HIAC PPV ruining feuds with a meaningless gimmick and Jericho just saying actually I won't retire like was said in a stipulation.

It's all a bit Russorific for me.

Dave7g

Please go away John Cena. Anyway, if he does lose to Barrett, he can just decide not to join the Nexus because these stips mean nothing anymore.

I need a long break from Michael Cole - audio AIDS.

Sparrow

Miz, once again, made the show worth watching. His intensity with Bryan was awesome and although it's completely stupid to continue the feud, I'm glad that they allowed him to be so strong again.
I think ending it at Night of Champions or Hell in a Cell does not really matter. 2 weeks apart, it is not going to be any diffrent really. Daniel Bryan will go over and leaves Miz all ready to cash it in.

The GS

John Cena doesn't care about losing the title? What a tool!

Daniel Bryan's up there with Punk and Sheamus as being the best thing in WWE right now. The man has class.

I remember when Nexus meant something. The biggest WWE angle of 2010 means f*** all now. If it was to finish I would've liked it to go out with a bang, not in the fashion where people don't care about it.

Apart from Bryan/Miz and that early Sheamus/Orton segment the rest of the show was booooring as hell.

DraVen

PWTorch reporting that the rating was an anal raping - 2.8.

Obviously a one-off anomaly, but that's beyond terrible coming off a PPV.

Cathal

The show isn't very good?

Next weeks could be a worse rating, with it being a taped show. HIAC's buyrate is gonna be poor, 2 week build and the poor HIAC PPV they had last year.

DraVen

Daniel Bryan's push? ;)

I don't know. Football? People having better things to do? And next week being pre-taped won't help at all. The rating will be back up to the 3s in a couple of weeks, but it's still a terrible one-off.

Jung

That's what I meant apart from the obvious rubbish booking, boring shows.

Usually there's football on or a dog show or random special event.

But if not, then surely you're one off/anomaly concept Mitch may turn out to be wrong with no reason people weren't watching except for the fact they think Raw's got crap.

DraVen

They've had anomaly shows before with nothing competing against it. Raw has been much worse in the past and had more viewers.

As it is, apparently last night had not only MNF but the debut of the new Dancing With The Stars season which I'm almost positive has affected the Raw rating before. Those wrestling fans sure love their dancing.

Fiona

I was going to watch Dancing With the Stars, until I found out that Bristol Palin and freaking Florence Henderson were on it. Now it's become "Dancing with the Almost Famous and Has Beens".

RAW wasn't much better, ended up watching TOP CHEF on the Food Network.

The GS

They've had anomaly shows before with nothing competing against it. Raw has been much worse in the past and had more viewers.

As it is, apparently last night had not only MNF but the debut of the new Dancing With The Stars season which I'm almost positive has affected the Raw rating before. Those wrestling fans sure love their dancing.
Pwinsider are saying the football shouldn't be blamed too much:
The 9/20 edition of Raw did a 2.8 rating (that is not a typo) with 3.9 million viewers. The show did hours of 2.77 and 2.82. Obviously, that is not a good number, especially the day after a PPV. The NFL game on ESPN did a good but not amazing 10.92 rating, so WWE can't blame that number for the drop. The new season of broadcast (free) TV started last night and I think that had an effect on the Raw rating. It seems to me that some of the people are putting their viewing habits up for bid.

The 9/18 edition of AM Raw did a 0.43 rating with 493,000 viewers. That is also lower than normal.

Fiona

Well along with Dancing with the Stars, CBS premiered the new season of Hawaii Five O which pulled in the biggest numbers of the night. Combine those two with football, RAW will lose everytime.

EDIT: And Raw was crap, so not surprised that some viewers found something different to watch.

Last edited: