Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread - September 13, 2010 from Cincinnati, OH (#903)

TPIB

Last week's edition of RAW scored a 3.0 rating, which is down from the previous week's 3.5 rating.

Venue
U.S. Bank Arena in Cincinnati, OH

Confirmed Matches/Events

The Season Premiere of Monday Night RAW

Return of RAW Roulette

Randy Orton Vs. John Cena

Chad Ochocinco To Appear As Guest Star

Final Build To Night of Champions

Last edited:

Springsteen

Enjoyed Sheamus vs Morrison, the Cage match and the Miz stuff thus far. The dance/song thing was crap though, poor My Way.

Eiyuu

Nice to see the Table match have a legitimate finish after all those run-ins, I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

video767

Did anyone hear about Chad "Ochocinco" watching the Jets game during RAW? Apparently he was tweeting about the game too.

One of the biggest slaps to the face of pro wrestling. F**k him. I hated his stupid grill-wearing name-changing never made a catch that mattered ass anyway but this seals the deal. He's a media ***** who needs to fall into a ditch. Hopefully USA Network learns why this guest host thing needs to be stopped, and hopefully Vince gets his balls together and tells them that.

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
While the money's rollin' in, he ain't tellin' anyone shit!

Springsteen

Enjoyed most of Raw, main event was pretty good, cage match was alright, Shemaus/Morrison was pretty good. The only things I didn't like was the song/dance thing and Goldust/Regal, although at least the latter was short.

The Beltster

I think TNA refused to let him work for them and he's still butt sore he has to work regional indy shows. Its the only explanation for him bringing them up when they arent even part of the topic at hand.

DraVen

I don't see what's wrong with what he said. It WAS a Raw that felt like Russo had booked it, moreso than any other Raw which is either good or just boring. Nothing wrong with saying it. I know it's cool for TWO to white knight TNA, but it's a sh*t product and if WWE put out a similarly poor show for similar reasons to why TNA shows are sh*t, then it's fair to make the comparison. This site has jumped too far over the "let's compare EVERYTHING" line into "we can't compare ANYTHING" territory which is just as bad.

That said, he undersold Raw because there was some cool stuff on the show. Loved the Miz, Jericho and Morrison stuff, and the main event was fine for what it was. Wasn't the best show, much of it was pointless, some of it completely non-sensical, but I've seen worse shows in the past week, let alone at any other time. However, as a go-home show it was piss-poor and if the PPV does a crappy number (and it will) then we can look at this Raw to see why.

ScottyB

My guess is they're (or they should if they're not) use the whole parkour thing as a way of elivating Morrison to the Main Event.

Also, R Truth's new music is pretty good, especially compared to "What's up", I'm guessing he's turning heel soon because the music is somewhat darker.

Some of the segments did have pre-Hogan TNA written all over it, stupid matches, pointless segments and well, a nasty taste of Russo left in your mouth.

The main event screamed Russo with the 498001 run ins.

Dave7g

A dog pissing into a bucket would sound better than "What's up?" The worst song I've ever heard. He sounds mental in that song.

Sean Johnson

They wanted to build for the PPV. All the guys had to come out to get people amped up to buy it. They do the same thing on every raw before a ppv. It just happens to be 6 guys in the main event this time. Before the Royal Rumble, they have everyone and their mother come out for a big brawl too.

I didn't think this Raw was completely bad. Sure the dance-off was a waste of time. I actually kind of liked the Regal-Goldust segment. It was a throwback to their first roulette match, although thankfully, no showgirl outfits involved. I've always said that Regal needs to do more comedy. That guy is hilarious!

Good to see Cena lose a match every once in a while. I get so sick of his Superman persona... Same reason I hated Hogan for so long. They're making Orton look like the second coming going into this ppv. Too bad he won't win it. It'll come down to Sheamus and Cena, and knowing the WWE, Cena wins unless there's some kind of interference.

video767

A dog pissing into a bucket would sound better than "What's up?" The worst song I've ever heard. He sounds mental in that song.
It's funny. Each week, thousands of people feel him and say "what's up?" Personally, I just enjoy laughing at the line about busting 'em up like a pimple.

I wonder if R-Truth will be sent back to SmackDown soon.

They wanted to build for the PPV. All the guys had to come out to get people amped up to buy it. They do the same thing on every raw before a ppv. It just happens to be 6 guys in the main event this time. Before the Royal Rumble, they have everyone and their mother come out for a big brawl too.

I didn't think this Raw was completely bad. Sure the dance-off was a waste of time. I actually kind of liked the Regal-Goldust segment. It was a throwback to their first roulette match, although thankfully, no showgirl outfits involved. I've always said that Regal needs to do more comedy. That guy is hilarious!

Good to see Cena lose a match every once in a while. I get so sick of his Superman persona... Same reason I hated Hogan for so long. They're making Orton look like the second coming going into this ppv. Too bad he won't win it. It'll come down to Sheamus and Cena, and knowing the WWE, Cena wins unless there's some kind of interference.
I think it's going to be between Cena and Sheamus for sure. Sheamus will do something mean to Cena after he beats him in the match, and that will lead to the match that settles their 10-month feud at Hell in a Cell. Or who knows, maybe Orton will win it and the Cell match will be a non-title match.

Dante Spears

That new theme song reminds me of "Get Rowdy". WHy does R-Truth sound like he sings with a sock jammed down his throat?

Jimmy Redman

Funny, I watched Raw and kept thinking it was Impact too. It was Russo in every way, except it only had about half a dozen segments, instead of a thousand.

But man, this show. As much as it reminded me of Russo I didnt actually hate it, and I think thats because Raw hasnt been close to an ADD, gimmick-killing clusterf*ck kind of show in years, so actually having an ADD, gimmick-killing clusterf*ck show was a nice change. In the current climate, if they did this kind of a show like once a year, I wouldnt mind.

On the other hand, was there ever some bullsh*t on this show. Miz/Bryan as a match on the go-home show. Matches being changed by wrestlers and bullsh*t finishes all night. The Jericho angle resulting in arriving right back where we were 2 weeks ago. A heel beating two babyfaces (the TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS at that) at once against tremendous odds. A random cage match. HARRY F*CKING SMITH LEAVING THE CAGE. I just, Jesus. And then finally the freaking horrendous amount of interference in the main event resulting in each subsequent thing meaning less and less.

What sh*ts me the most about the main event is that they literally killed their heat with the booking. The match itself, the normal part, had an insane amount of heat. They were so hot they got so much mileage out of, like, tackles, I thought it was great sh*t. And then a million people run in, everyone goes through the tables, getting less and less of a reaction every time, four of the WWE Title contenders get jobbed, and in the end they do the finish and not one single person popped. After the heat they had to start with. Madness. They booked everyone under here.

Having said all that, some good stuff. Miz's promo was good, as always. I didnt mind the bodyslam challenge stuff at all. I think for a show like Raw Roulette, you need to have a couple of wacky, dinky things like that, or like the singing thing (or on any other show, a ridiculous women's gimmick match), because the alternative is doing half a dozen 'serious' gimmick matches on one show and killing them even more.

Morrison was pretty great. LOVED showing him doing Parkour, its one of those no-brainer things they should have done ages ago. And I LOVED even more Morrison using his Parkour moves in the match. Continuity issues aside, it looked really cool, landing on his feet off the ramp especially. And the freaking jump off the top was NUTS. Just nuts. It freaked me the f*ck out watching it, because Sheamus is there and suddenly HOLY F*CK HE'S ON TOP OF THE TRON. Looked incredible, and should have been the finish in a perfect world. I hated Sheamus kicking out of that.

Plus, Goldust Regal vs Regal Goldust was a really, really fun 2 minutes of comedy. Goldust doing his best Regal, and Regal finally sucking it up and doing the Goldust thing (seewhatIdidtherelulz) was great. Goldust looks really, really thin, which was startling considering how fat he was a few years ago, and the suit still makes him look bulky.

Last edited:

video767

Nice review, Jimmy. I can't see RAW, but that gives me a better idea of what the viewers were seeing. Based on what I'm hearing about JoMo...he should be the champion right now, not Sheamus. But I'm just a stupid mark, lol.

And lol, only in the WWE is throwing somebody through a table or jumping off of a giant screen okay, but women ripping each others' clothes off isn't.

Last edited: