Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread - October 11, 2010 from Seattle, WA (#907)

TPIB

Last week's edition of RAW scored a 3.3 rating, up from the previous week's 2.4 rating.

Venue
KeyArena at the Seattle Center in Seattle, WA

Confirmed Matches/Events

Build To WWE Bragging Rights

Shaun2J

Do what thou wilt
Subscriber
The fact that it was taped may be a factor towards that rating, not sure if there was anything else like Football "competing" with RAW. For the episode before the HIAC PPV to pull that off is kinda weak.

Jayfunk

I wasn't even having a pop at WWE just shocked that you can loss almost 1/3 of the ratings that fast

Shaun2J

Do what thou wilt
Subscriber
But then again as you can see, they gained that 1/3 back the next week.

Jayfunk

yeah it was just a very low number for WWE thats all

Last edited:

TPIB

The September 27 edition of RAW (the one that scored a 2.4 rating) was the lowest rating RAW has drawn since the October 27, 1997 show.

DraVen

Again, great competition and taped show, which always goes against WWE. Last week they did fine, so it was an anomaly.

But really, thank CHRIST for WWE and Raw after last night's destructive sh*tfest. The first ten minutes is Cena, Miz, A-Ri, Barrett, and GM Cole all being awesome. I will never tire of the GM e-mail sound and Cole being the new "EXCUSE ME~!" The heat it gets from the crowd is hilarious. And Miz vs. Cena is tonight for the Bragging Rights captaincy. All is right in the world at long last.

Crowd is super hot too.

Last edited:

DraVen

During the B4G thread, I said that more wrestlers should do their own songs. Then Jeff Hardy and RVD came out. I brushed it off.

I just got reminded of R-Truth, and I take it back. Wrestlers, bar Kurt Angle, should NEVER do their own music.

Also, I wish that Ted Dibiase was any good. He's the drizzling sh*ts. Still better than Drew Crapintyre (see what I did there?) but so is Kriss Sprules. Get Dibiase out of the company, send him to TNA to feud with Eric Young over the price of postage stamps and let Maryse do something meaningful.

Last edited:

Dante Spears

WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? SERIOUSLY? ZACK RYDER DOING A JOB TO A F***ING TAP TO THE FACE? I THOUGHT THE COBRA WAS SUPPOSE TO BE A CLAWHOLD

Santino Marella needs to f' right off. He went from great humor to a freaking cancer on the WWE.

drew

This team is shaping up to be a joke...Morrison's okay, but not great, and the other two are lower level stars IMO, with Santino maybe being less than that, lol.

The other guys on Team Raw better be Superstars, or Smackdown will walk away with this.

drew

BTW, what's the over/under on how long Otunga's a part of Nexus? Slater too? LOL.

drew

That was a great match...Gabriel might be the only Nexus member, outside of Barrett, who has legitimate staying power IMO.

DraVen

Santino-aside, I've enjoyed Raw. The end segment with Barrett smugly bitching Cena out was just fantastic to the point that I will gladly pay to see Cena vs. Barrett on pay-per-view. THIS is how you make a money match, and the fact that they're doing such an awesome job with Barrett who himself is really running with the ball, just makes me so happy.

Sparrow

CM Punk
Sheamus
Morrison
R-Truth
Ryder
Alex Riely
The Miz

That sounds like a great team to me? It is just amazing how Santino brings a team down so much that it look terrible. Ryder should have gone over.

Jimmy Redman

As mystifying as the result was, I couldnt help but enjoy Santino WINNING A MATCH. WITH THE COBRA. It was just fun. They guy is great with his reactions, and he was way over too.

Show in general was excellent. Barrett, Cena, Miz, Riley, everyone involved here was just great. Barrett trolling Cena in the end was fun. I liked the R-Truth conversation too, it served to reinforce the fact that Cena is a) trapped, and b) going to be doing some heelish stuff. It was a little weird after Cena danced out to his own music and cut promos and wrestled like he normally does for most of it, but the end angle brought all the heat back. Great stuff, and I just cant wait to see how they do this week by week.

Bryan/Sheamus was a great little match, they SOLD me on that rollup. All the other matches were fun, short matches too. Punk's redebut and demolition was awesome. And Laycool. Really high-quality show.

The Beltster

It wasnt a 2.4 2 weeks ago, it was a 2.7, this week it was a 2.9.

Wasnt taped this week, lets blame the football game.

DraVen

Was a big rating for the football game, so it makes sense.

WWE ALWAYS does bad against big-rated football games (and Dancing With The Stars, for whatever reason) and has done for years and years. They're not TNA (to TNA's credit) where nothing except WWE programming affects their 1.1.

Dogfingers

Raw was great, brief notes:

Lots of really good matches: Daniel v Sheamus, Punk v Bourne, Kid v Morrison, Orton v Gabriel (not quite as good) were all entertaining. Punk's beatdown was vicious, great start for the former champ.

Michael Cole is ****ing hilarious, I love the Cena/Barret storyline. Barret looked to be genuinely enjoying himself during that final segment. It was brilliant.

Otunga Force is really growing on me. He's becoming quite likable, I really enjoyed his "You can talk to me Cena" spiel last week. He's a loveable idiot.

Although it was quite shocking that Ryder got beaten with the cobra, Santino was funny on RAW.

Best wrestling show on telly, easy.