Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread- November 24, 2008 from Providence, RI (#809)

What Did You Think of RAW #809?

• Very Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

• Very Poor

• Total voters

TPIB

Venue: Dunkin' Donuts Center in Providence, RI

(ECW on Sci-Fi for November 25 will be taped prior to RAW in the same venue)

Confirmed Matches/Events

John Cena's Return To RAW

Rematch from Last Week's RAW:
Shawn Michaels & Rey Mysterio Vs. The Miz & John Morrison

Opening Round of 8-Man Intercontinental Title Tournament:
Kane Vs. Kofi Kingston

Survivor Series Fallout

Brackets For 8-Man Intercontinental Title Tournament

Kane---------
-----------------???
Kofi Kingston--

Rey Mysterio--
-----------------???
The Miz------

Finlay--------
-----------------???
John Morrison-

CM Punk------
-----------------???
Snitsky-------

Last edited:

Fiona

Pretty good Raw this week. Just love the Shane O Shuffle and the Stephanie Slap Around the Ears. :lol: There wasn't one bad match, well maybe the Snitsky/CM Punk match. Only because I hate Snitsky. Well done this week really enjoyed the show.

Don't really understand this tournament dealy though. Can anyone say why we are having an IC Title tournament? Seems kind of silly to me.

DraVen

Don't really understand this tournament dealy though. Can anyone say why we are having an IC Title tournament? Seems kind of silly to me.
There's an Intercontinental title DVD out and they want to remind people that the title means something. No complaints from me - it's nice to see some direction that'll float over for a couple of weeks and help set up the PPV with a midcard match that people actually might care about (probably Punk v Regal).

The rest of Raw was so-so. Some of the direction was TNAriffic, but there were some high spots such as the Cena/Jericho showdown. On one hand, the promos were great and Cena has needed to snap and look like a kick-asspsycho for the longest time. On the other hand, unless Jericho gets his own back in major fashion next week, it'll be a wasted moment in making the challenger look worth a damn.

Cathal

I thought Raw was decent, I like the opening segment with Shane/Steph, looks like this feud could be fun. Kennedy stuff sucked majorly, that made me feel like they were targeting this show for kids. Regal was great on commentary, put over the IC title, put over Punk and was funny, good stuff. I laughed at the DX segment but it's kinda weird to see HHH not give a shit that he just lost the WWE Title. Goldust's entrance rules so much.

Nemesis Enforcer

While Raw wasn't great it was a better show then last week I thought

Kennedy plugging his new DVD was very meh and that is me being kind, the whole thing he went on about Obama and Vince was lost on me though and the segment just seemed to drag as did all the adverts for the various stuff they were trying to sell (DVD's, DX stuff etc) they made on the show, I thought I was watching QVC at times :lol:

Everything else was decent enough if unspectacular, although before I forget what the hell was Michaels doing in the tag match when he fell off the top rope and pulled himself along the ropes to Rey for the tag rarther then just droping to the mat and crawling for the hot tag? :lol:

Dave7g

The fans they chose for the Kennedy rubbish were the weirdest looking inbred hics I've ever seen. Is that what they mean by the "WWE Universe"?

Suphix

I must be the only one that thought Kennedy was great. It did make me realise that his old music totally blows his new music away, though.

Jimmy Redman

Melina bitches!

I marked hard.

Firstly I must say, though, that whoever booked/wrote/laid out/produced/organised that match needs to be shot, because for a returning babyface it came off as the worst possible result, bar Melina actually losing. The Candice entrance thing spoiled the surprise, the match wasnt great and way too short, the hot tag was botched spectacularly resulting in no pop, there was no Melina/Beth interaction, and she almost fluffed her finisher. It almost annoyed me watch it, because I know I would have booked it so much better.

However, minor quibbles, as Melina is back mothertruckers! Also, whatever the Holy hell that new move she did was, it is absolutely amazing and needs to be named and made her finish instantly. It looked half Sunset Flip, half Canadian Destroyer, and all awesome.

On a related note, Beth selling Jillian threatening to sing, and Katie dancing and then selling Beth's deathglare was all awesome as well. I absolutely loved the first time the heels sold Jillian, and this time was no different.

And secondly...

Cena bitches!

I didnt see the PPV, so I hadnt seen him since he got injured, and its nice to have him back. I'm reminded all over again why I like him. I really dig the whole angle he and Jericho had over the crowd, it was believable and Cena was well over. Promos were great on both sides. Cena going apesh*t was brilliant, if we had a dollar for every "Cena should be badder" comment around here, well, you know. Wealth. I had a huge smile on my face the whole time, because that is exactly what Cena needs to be doing. Cena getting an "FU" chant (an "FU" chant!) was great. Just great stuff.

The Kennedy sh*t was God awful, but it was at least good to see him.

Chriscare

Kennedy plugging his new DVD was very meh and that is me being kind, the whole thing he went on about Obama and Vince was lost on me though and the segment just seemed to drag
Couldn't agree more.

The Kennedy segment was so bad it was cringe worthy. He seemed more like a kids tv presenter than anything.

I thought Cena beating the crap out of Jericho was awesome.

Nemesis Enforcer

The Candice entrance thing spoiled the surprise
As did Lawler who while Candice was comming out said "I thought we were going to get Melina's return now" only for her to come out right after and Cole to comment how Lawler must have had some info the rest of us didn't :lol:

Al Stevens

As did Lawler who while Candice was comming out said "I thought we were going to get Melina's return now" only for her to come out right after and Cole to comment how Lawler must have had some info the rest of us didn't :lol:
When cole said that this is actually my response

"Well he does have eyes you useless turd"

FreeSpirit

I was making a cup of coffee, so wasn't really paying attention to what Cole and Lawler was saying, but when Melina's music hit I rushed back into the room.

She looked better than ever, but has she had another boob job because those melons were enormous? (more than usual) :eek

Internets

What better way to give prestige to the intercontinental championship than giving the guy who loses in the first round a match against the World Heavyweight Champion!

No, wait..

TPIB

Wow, Cena = Ratings. Haters must be pissed, man is a draw.
Yes, as a matter of fact I am. I will just be delusional and say that the rating is due to a new champion, not Cena in particular. It's possible.