Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread- November 17, 2008 from Atlanta, GA (#808)

What Did You Think of RAW #808?

• Total voters

TPIB

Venue: Philips Arena in Atlanta, GA

(ECW on Sci-Fi will be taped for November 18 in the same venue prior to RAW)

Confirmed Matches/Events

"Stephanie McMahon's RAW Superstar Forum" To Open The Show

Randy Orton Vs. CM Punk

Final Build To Survivor Series

Last edited:

Drake

End RAW right now because nothing will top Santino's rap. That was the single greatest thing I have ever seen in my life. :lol:

Shane O Mac

Santino...well, no words!

Can someone slap that 'smile' off Candice's face please? It freaks me out too much.

The Fury

The Last King of Scotland
Subscriber
daaamn that is one long ass beard that Mike Knox has.

He looks like a brunette santa claus

TPIB

Santino...well, no words!

Can someone slap that 'smile' off Candice's face please? It freaks me out too much.
With all the work she's had done, I'm surprised she can smile. They need to just blur out her face on TV, really.

DarkMatchJobber

I think Randy Orton asked the question many fans had on their minds about why John Cena is getting a title shot despite having lost his last pay-per-view match.

Danny Styles

Raw had a few good points this week,

Miz/Morrison getting the win was pretty awsome stuff, especially after loosing to DX they needed a big win.

Steph killed the opening segment for me, the way she just ignored basically every superstar and tried to make herself look important was rediculous, like husband like wife i guess.

Santino's rap>everything

Nemesis Enforcer

I thought Raw was very poor this week, it seemed like alot of random stuff thrown together at the last min

The opening 'Superstar Forum' was terrible with the exception of Santino owning Akon (and every other rapper) with his rap :lol:

Mike Knox just doesn't scream badass despite his size and hideous beard, seriously that is a Bruiser Brody beard and Mike Knox you sir are no Bruiser Brody!

What the hell was that with Michaels and Rey Rey in the corridor? Michaels looked like a total jackass and the segment didn't do anything other then to wasrte time and make Michaels look retarded, oh wait it also made Dolph Ziggler (just comming back from a suspension) look like a total jackass so I guess it did have a point

The only positives that came out of the show for me were Santino ruling, Jericho's promo and Miz and Morrison getting a good win over Rey Mysterio and Michaels

Really hoping for a better show next week

Jimmy Redman

What the hell was that with Michaels and Rey Rey in the corridor? Michaels looked like a total jackass and the segment didn't do anything other then to wasrte time and make Michaels look retarded, oh wait it also made Dolph Ziggler (just comming back from a suspension) look like a total jackass so I guess it did have a point
I actually liked that segment, strangely enough. It was a bit mis-timed and over-acted, as always with Michaels, but it was just something different.

Raw was weird. There was a lot of crap, and the opening segment was embarrassing, and yet I seemed to like a bunch of little things they did too.

- HBK/Rey v Miz/Morrison ruled, and them getting the win was also pretty cool, especially the way they did it. They could easily have done something similar against DX, but never mind.

- Keeping Evan Bourne on TV, even just for this week, and seeing how over he still was considering, was good. Mike Knox, well...he has a nice beard.

- Punk's promo was good I thought, especially compared with the rest of the crap. He needs to talk more.

- Santino rapping was obviously the greatest thing on the show.

- Its a bit late to start this now considering the PPV is this week, but I liked how they tried to make the SS teams mean something, by putting over the captains as captains and having the beef everywhere.

- Manu needs to stop imitating Umaga because he ends up just looking like a poor man's Umaga (the nerve hold especially looked like crap) but the match with Batista was surprisingly decent.

- Victoria, and especially her new move and the Widow's Peak (~!) made this a better show.

- Punk/Orton was good, I liked Lawler putting over the Lumberjack match (I've never heard that story before on TV, again, something different), I liked the wrestlers selling the Lumberjacks early on, and basically the whole story of it. It made sense. Also, I'm fairly convinced that Randy Orton is made of rubber.

Last edited:

TPIB

I can see Miz & Morrison winning the World Tag Team Titles on RAW at some point. I was really behind their WWE Tag Team Title run (which I think ended because RAW & ECW were scheduled to start touring together separate from SmackDown) and I think they could have a lengthy run as RAW's World Tag Team Champions.

Speaking of the World Tag Team Titles, why has Punk & Kofi been losing matches ever since they won the World Tag Team Titles? How is that constructive for their reign? I think they can be great tag team champions if given the opportunity.

I like the fact that Orton is kind of like the rubber man (that sounds dirty). I remember when he faced Jeff Hardy at the Rumble that Jeff kicked him against the barricade and it looked like he might have snapped his neck or something. Orton is one of the best sellers in the WWE right now. It seems like Orton can add value to any finisher. I agree with Orton's speech to Stephanie on RAW and I think it's really what every fan has been thinking. I would rather have seen Batista keep the title and have Orton challenge for it (and hopefully win it) at Survivor Series. Then they could have Cena win it some other time. I understand it's in Boston, but they would be in Boston again. Besides, Boston is not even Cena's real hometown.

Nemesis Enforcer

Last night's broadcast of Monday Night Raw drew a final 2.9 cable rating, which is down from last week's 3.1 number. The first hour drew a 2.91 and the second hour drew a 2.82. That's the second week in a row that hour two of Raw has seen a drop from hour one.
Credit: Wrestlezone.com

Not good news for WWE that the second hour did so badly compared to the first one

TPIB

It seems to me like Vince could care less about the rating or the fans anymore. As long as he likes the show, it's all that matters. It makes me wonder why he even bothers having a public company with TV time when he could just pay people to put on matches for him and his goons.

I'm not really surprised by the rating, ratings go up and down all the time, especially with the WWE. I would be a little ticked that Hogan's show blew RAW away in the ratings though (regardless of the day it's on).