Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread - May 3, 2010 from Jacksonville, FL (#884)

TPIB

Last week's 3-hour WWE Draft edition of RAW scored a 3.1 rating, which is the same rating as the previous week's RAW.

Venue
Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, FL

Confirmed Matches/Events

Wayne Brady To Serve As Guest Host

The Cutting Edge w/ Guest: Randy Orton

Fallout from the 2010 WWE Draft

Build To WWE Over The Limit

Last edited:

Fletch

Just announced:

The Cutting Edge tonight LIVE on RAW with special guest... Randy Orton!

Fletch

Given the E&C references on Smackdown, I'll be counting the Rated RKO references tonight

H}{H-Evolution

I'd prepare for a zero. :p
Rated RKO is FAR too long ago for the average WWE fan to remember, lol! /WWE Logic

DC

I'd prepare for a zero. :p
Rated RKO is FAR too long ago for the average WWE fan to remember, lol! /WWE Logic
That theory would be sound... if it wasn't for all the Evolution and E&C references that have been on WWE TV recently. ;)

DraVen

For the most part, the first hour has been fine. Dibiase/Morrison was surprisingly good but I wish it was Rhodes and not Dibiase getting a push. Danielson/Batista was fun, as is Cena/Barrett right now. And Sheamus is seriously growing on me a lot. I like his promos.

First Raw since Mania that I'm really enjoying.

Dogfingers

This is a damn good show.

Dave was hilarious, I love a whiney Dave. Bryan got shown in a great light, Batista did a good job of selling his submissions.

Miz and Jericho have been a class act, I'm loving this tag team stuff. Two uberheels united by their rejection from the Big Show.

Ted/Morrison was a good TV match

No major complaints so far. Other than Mark Henry.

Dante Spears

Zack Ryder squashing aside I must say I was impressed with this RAW. Actually even the Ryder Squash wasn't horrible because it was A) Squashing to Mark Henry not MVP and B) Ryder looked somewhat strong in it.

Jung

Yeah a decent enough Raw. Jericho was great on commentary, and the angles and matches were all fine.

The Edge/Orton thing was sh*tty simply because it made no sense at all, but apart from that yeah not bad at all.

Fletch

The Alarm on my phone didn't go off and thus when I woke at 2.45am, realising I;d missed almost half the show AND hadn't got the Sky Box on to record it, I decided to go back to sleep. Gutted, first RAW I've missed in ages.

Scotty2Hotty

just watched it! thought the show was great. jericho is a genius as he literally made me laugh my head off! "why do you bring up these irrelevant points, dont be a jackass cole." Its funnier when you hear it i guess!

takemethere

Jericho and the Miz together is the best thing ever :D I really didn't see that coming. I thought having the NXT guys replace them was good too.

The Cutting Edge was rubbish. I don't think most of the audience had seen Smackdown seeing as Edge didn't get massively booed when he first came out.

DraVen

The prospect of Jericho and Miz as a tag team makes me so genuinely excited that I cannot wait for the Hart Dynasty/Egomaniacs feud, and I hope it goes on forever and ever with Jericho/Miz winning and being the champions forever and ever.

The GS

Batista was all kinds of awesome in his promo. "Duct tape! Thats something Hornswoggle would do!" :lol:
Sheamus was all kinds of awesome too in the opening promo. I love how Sheamus' Dublin accent comes across in his promos. Sheamus is just being himself more in his promos recently. A perfect example is on this Raw he said the line, "If you win I shut me gob", can't get more Irish than that...:lol:. Loved that opening promo, loved it.

Batista v Bryan was a really good match too. Bryan looked strong and was really over with the crowd.

Morrison v Di Biase was a quite enjoyable and decent match.

Ryder v Henry was pretty dull.

Miz and Jericho! AWESOME!!!

Nice to see Edge acknowledge theres another brand during his promo.

The Cutting Edge was pretty entertaining but the segment didn't establish anything at all.

Overall it was one of the best Raw's in a looong time. Raw after the draft is lookin pretty good. Please don't screw this up WWE.

Tio

First time for ages I have commented on a raw thread.

Really enjoyed the show , things made sense. Batista, Jericho, Miz and Sheamus were all top notch. I even didn't mind Cole as much as we got to hear Jericho vent at him. I like Zack getting airtime and felt he wasn't squashed to badly to hurt him. I smell a Truth heel turn and becoming the new Virgil.

Jimmy Redman

I dont know about you guys, but I think so far Chris Jericho vs WWE Commentary has been the feud of the year.

This was seriously a good Raw. One of the best in a while, easily. Everything had a point (outside of Henry/Zack, maybe) and nothing was bad. I think putting all of the stars on Raw - Cena, Dave, Orton, Edge, Jericho - makes it look much more top-heavy than any show has been in a while.

The entire first half-hour or so was amazing. Asshole Dave is awesome, Sheamus was fine, Miz's doctor's note (in giant 'DOCTOR'S NOTE' letters) was awesome, and Dave/Bryan was just so great. As a stand alone thing it was awesome, and if they really wanted to have Bryan on a losing streak that is EXACTLY how to do it. Cant say enough good things about that match. Plus I like the idea of using BTC for this as well.

Ted in his current guise I really like. I like him being on a search for his Virgil. Morrison's flippy spot was great, the restart was fun and the match was fine. Ted sold the finish really well. If this really is building to Ted bringing in Brett and Joe Hennig to feud with Morrison and Truth, I am totally fine with this.

Completely enjoyed Eve, Jillian and Maryse backstage, in a goofy way. Actually I completely enjoyed Maryse generally. This woman is amazing. The asshole laugh that she does is incredible. Babyface Fire Eve is great too.

I liked Jericho being Miz and sending Barrett down, although King burying Barrett as this happened wasnt so fun. But a good match with a good story, again, I liked the BTC deal. I was legit pissed when Sheamus interrupted Cena, so well done there too. Although a three-way makes no sense if they want to have an epic blow-off to Cena/Dave.

MARK HENRY. I love this man.

Jericho and Miz together are legitimately going to be the greatest asshole team in the history of planet earth. I absolutely love the idea that they want revenge on Show, so they have to team up and win the tag titles to get to Smackdown to get him. Again, as a stand-alone idea its absolutely fantastic.

The final segment was, well, the guys performing it performed it well, in that Edge talking was interesting enough to hold my interest for those three hours he was talking, but it just didnt make any sense. Plus I hated that they had to do the counter-counter-counter to get to the RKO, instead of just doing it, I thought it really took it down quite a bit. But overall this was fine and the show as a whole was quite enjoyable.

Dave7g

Wayne Brady is shit, discuss. How many - "LOL I'm black" jokes did you count?

Show was good, better than impact although far from perfect.

Da Showstoppa

I thought Orton's expressions on the cutting edge were fantastic - you could see him building up to the point of explosion. I loved the GM getting hit with the RKO first, I can see parrallels with Randy and early Stone Cold. Right now Randy could RKO santa claus and get an ovation for it.

I loved the spear into RKO sequence too. The RKO looked really vicious from the run by Edge.

And yes, Miz and Jericho will be the greatest tagteam in history - for the promos alone.