Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread- March 2, 2009 from Boston, MA (#823)

TPIB

Venue
TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, MA (Near John Cena's Hometown)

(ECW On Sci-Fi for March 3 will be taped prior to RAW in the same venue)

Confirmed Matches/Events

Randy Orton's Decision On Who To Challenge At WrestleMania

Winner Faces The Undertaker At WrestleMania:
Shawn Michaels Vs. Vladimir Kozlov

Money-in-the-Bank Qualifying Match: Triple Threat:
Kane Vs. Rey Mysterio Vs. Mike Knox

Last edited:

JamesMXPX

It's been announced on WWE.com that tonight on Raw, Randy Orton will make his "Wrestlemania Decision", of which of the World Championships he will challenge for in the main event.

Cathal

If Russo was booking he'd pick Edge.

Undertaker is backstage at Raw too.

BlackEyed

It's been announced on WWE.com that tonight on Raw, Randy Orton will make his "Wrestlemania Decision", of which of the World Championships he will challenge for in the main event.
Jack Swagger *fingers crossed*

I think he'll probably go for Cena, then something happens and he'll have to change to face HHH

TPIB

RAW will also host a Money-in-the-Bank Qualifying Match that will feature Kane Vs. Rey Mysterio Vs. Mike Knox in a Triple Threat Match.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
I've really started to hate RAW crowds. If you don't care, don't come, don't just sit there in complete silence all the time. D*cks.

Al Stevens

I wont be liked for saying this, however I think Triple H and Randy Orton have just saved RAW.

That promo while a tad predictable was amazing and has got me hyped for the match at mania

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Okay, I don't watch Smackdown, and I barely watch Raw, so you'll have to forgive me for not knowing this earlier, but man, Koslov is BAD. Just... really, really bad. He's... just... wow... he's really bad.

TPIB

WWE Monday Night RAW Match Results- March 2, 2009

Money-in-the-Bank Qualifying Match: Triple Threat:
Kane def. Rey Mysterio & Mike Knox by pinning Mike Knox following the Big Red Chokeslam to be the second to qualify for the Money-in-the-Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania.

Mickie James & Kelly Kelly def. Beth Phoenix & Jillian by Kelly Kelly rolling up Jillian.

Winner Face The Undertaker At WrestleMania:
Shawn Michaels def. Vladimir Kozlov by pin following Sweet Chin Music to end the undefeated streak of Vladimir Kozlov and to earn the opportunity to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania.

World Heavyweight Championship:
John Cena def. Edge (c) by DQ following a title belt shot; Edge (c) retains.

Dave7g

That Raw went nowhere. Jimmy and Jericho was bad, first time in the legends series. HHH/Orton was rubbish! 3 hours of 'Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah' from HHH and the most predictable end to the segment possible, badly acted by Randy too which is unusual for him, maybe he was just bored to death by Trippers. Rey is out of MITB in favour of Kane, and possibly the worst Wrestlemania ME of all time with Big Show vs Edge. The reaction it got when it was announced summed it up. About 4 people groaned.

I'm sorry but Raw had been good for a while, that was utterly shit.

JamesMXPX

Yeah I think the Jericho/Legends stuff is growing stale in terms of the talking side of stuff -I think we need to find out his opponent for WM to get stuff rolling again.
Also, why in gods name would Sim Snuka not come out in any form? It's his dad. Shane ran Raw for like 3 weeks doing it, why wouldn't Sim? :lol:

H}{H-Evolution

That's what I'm seeing here - Big Show is definately the unaccounted for addition, and can look a threat when needs to and isn't struggling to keep up with the action at the time physically.