Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread - March 15, 2010 from San Diego, CA (#877)

TPIB

Venue
San Diego Sports Arena in San Diego, CA

Last week's edition of RAW scored a 3.4 rating, which was down from the previous week's 3.7 number.

Confirmed Matches/Events

Stone Cold Steve Austin To Serve As Guest Host

Stone Cold Steve Austin To Oversee The Hart Vs. McMahon Contract Signing

WrestleMania Rewind Match: Non-Title:
Chris Jericho Vs. Shawn Michaels

WrestleMania Rewind Match:
Triple H Vs. Randy Orton

WrestleMania Rewind Match:
John Cena Vs. Big Show

Build To WrestleMania XXVI

Last edited:

H}{H-Evolution

-Dusts off topic-

Lookie, Raws on...with a contract signing between vince and Bret, moderated by Steve Austin! 8D
Nothing utterly Predictable -AT ALL- is going to happen here, Right folks? Right?! :D

Inno

I'm the good looking one up there
Subscriber
Poor dude with the Cena T-Shirt on... Big Dave just made you look like a bitch on live TV.

Brilliant :)

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Did they make any mention of Austin and Bret's history at any point? I'd like to know out of interest, but not enough to actually put up with watching RAW.

The Beltster

Whats this shit I just read about Cena coming out when Austin was in the ring, and Austin did the stupid, crappy 'You cant see me' hand gesture nonsense?! So Austin has gone from a tough guy loner stun everybody to pandering to John Cena?!

Haha, PG Austin is f*cking trash!

H}{H-Evolution

PG Austin is Scripted, same as everyone else...seems a little stupid to rag on the guy doing what he's told while doing his job. It's not his fault, it's WWE's for forgetting what Austin represents to the masses.

Also, I'm pretty sure Austin likes Cena...so I doubt he had any issues with it.

The Beltster

Dont get defensive, I was talking about him apparently being censored when I said PG Austin was lame, not about him giving Cena a gimmick blowjob.

Also, what does him liking him have to do with anything? I'm pretty sure Undertaker likes him too, do you expect to see Taker coming out and doing that stupid crap? It goes against his gimmick as it goes against Austin's. They have tamed him down from what I've read about RAW. Maybe it sounds worse than it is in the report than it came across on TV, but I still dont care for Austin pandering to Cena.

H}{H-Evolution

Didn't really seem like pandering, more as a nod in his direction...

And I wasn't really getting defensive - just saying that the overly aggressive tone for something so easily explained and ignored isn't really needed...we all know the state of the product, so there's no need to something of it.

Personally, If I could watch both at the Justin party at the same time without causing a ruckus that was darn near incomprehensible to understand, I'd easily enjoy both WWE and TNA...and again, to me, This weeks Austin-PG was about as well done as I've come to expect during these times in the company's life and his own respective career. He still cracked a Brew and said Ass though. :D

Cena *is* their new Austin, like it or not, and Austin himself seems to approve.

Last edited:

DraVen

Just call me Mystic Meg as I nailed the Bret/Vince angle on this here site for the last fortnight. Awesome segment, tremendous show, assumably much better than the nonsensical Bischoff shit.

Dave7g

Wouldn't say it was tremendous at all. Vince/Bret/Austin was great no doubt about it but Michaels/Jericho was piss poor for them. Kofi's burial wasn't tremendous either.

It wasn't bad but it was certainly far from what it could have been.

Fletch

Just call me Mystic Meg as I nailed the Bret/Vince angle on this here site for the last fortnight. Awesome segment, tremendous show, assumably much better than the nonsensical Bischoff shit.

Indeed, as I predicted the majority of the card on my facebook page right before No Way Out. At least there's logic in WWE booking, same can't be said for 'the nonsensical Bischoff shit'.

RAW wasn't bad actually, not bad at all.

Austin doing the You Cant See me ever so briefly didn't come across as a gimmick bloqjob as Belty put it at all. Nor did it seem against his character. See those who actually remember SCSA, will remember he often did comedy stuff, he went months just promoing off the word What afterall. It was more a nod of the Batista/Cena storyline where Dave feels Stone Cold passed the torch to Cena.

Cena/Show was what it would of been.

Evan Bourne's credibility going into MITB took a hit after Sheamus destroyed him in seconds. But at least he got TV time, unlike any of the other MITB guys this week, not even the slightest sign of Christian.

The Triple Threat Match being announced was as expected, since they used the handicap match gimmick last week. Orton's still not there as a face yet, but it's a slow burn.
Speaking of Orton, his match with Trippers was better than the Main Event they had at Mania last year. Really good match, false finishes and then the run in beatdowns at the end. Match of the night.

HBK/Y2J could never live up to their old matches, and Shawn's TV matches all seem the same these days. He gets beatdown, then hits the forearm, kip up, drops em onto his knee and chops them down, the big elbow and the Sweet Chin. Nice for Jericho to run out and get counted out though, only for Edge to show JEricho up again. The little Spear comment was beautiful.

Batista vs Kofi seemed a waste, other than again to put him over. Kofi had little offence, but didn't look as weak as say Bourne did against Sheamus. Still, would of preferred to see Kofi take the 10th spot in the MITB instead as Big Dave had already cost Cena his match earlier on,

The contract signing was, predictable yes, but still somewhat entertaining. Bret not being injured at all to get the match and Stu Hart in the HoF was as Mitch predicted, foreseeable. Not a bad angle, made Vince look the prize **** and Bret as the fans favourite out for revenge. Shame Lance Storm was wrong and Austin won't be the Enforcer, would of been nice to see him help Bret.

My only real letdown was a 2 hour show with only 3 Austin appearances, and not a single stunner or beer celebration :)

Aslan

Whats this shit I just read about Cena coming out when Austin was in the ring, and Austin did the stupid, crappy 'You cant see me' hand gesture nonsense?! So Austin has gone from a tough guy loner stun everybody to pandering to John Cena?!

Haha, PG Austin is f*cking trash!
I hate Cena but I thought that part was well done.

Jung

I thought it was a good show, not a great show.

The last Bret/Vince angle was very good but again not a great moment, just didn't feel like one of those classic moments.

Rest of the show was fine, all the matches were decent at best.

Unfortunately the Legacy situation has reached a rubbish climax. They just had a handicap match, now they have a 3 way? What for? Rhodes and Dibiase are together and team all the time? Just lousy.

Not to mention I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this rate for Kofi to be future endeavoured. I mean he's not even on the WM card (unless he scrambles on next week), he's getting jobbed out most of the time and is also making high profile mess ups (against Orton and now against Batista). His stock has fallen so hard.

But yeah good show all in all, nice to see Austin again.

Dave7g

Meltzer was saying that if Orton didn't throw the hissy fit during that match that nobody would have noticed Kofi's error and that it was Orton that was way more unprofessional in that whole situation. Which is very true. They killed Kofi the second he got over, and for what?

Jung

But Kofi is proper f*cked now.

I mean it's fine if he's not headlining shows or got a main event push, but not even on the WM card? And they were clearly thinking of having a 10 man MITB match yet now announced it with just 9 (and a few of those are nobodies).

So where to now?

The Beltster

Kingston was a huge bright spot in WWE a few months ago. Last time I watched WWE he looked primed to be a breakout star. What did he do to deserve to be buried?

MastersGonads

For the Stone Cold stuff, what hasnt been mentioned so far, is that when Cena came to the ring and was doing his normal in ring stuff to the fans during his entrance...Austin was lining Cena up for the Stunner only for Austin to do the 'you cant se me' sign to Cena

I took it as...I passed the torch to you, your the biggest thing in wrestling, but I am still Stone Cold and will not hesistate to stun you..so keep on your toes....hence the you cant see me gesture..

It didnt come off great that little segement though to be fair...

Aslan

Kingston was a huge bright spot in WWE a few months ago. Last time I watched WWE he looked primed to be a breakout star. What did he do to deserve to be buried?
I dunno, I agree he was a huge bright spot. When he was kicking Orton's butt in the Orton/Kingston feud I was impressed but I read somewhere that J.R. wrote that the audience didn't click with it (even after the awesome match where Kofi kicked Orton's ass from left to right and leaped through the air to land on him while they were still in the audience!).

I have no idea but yeah I kind of feel he's being buried too because since then his matches have lost the "oomph" they had.