Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread - March 1, 2010 from Oklahoma City, OK (#875)

TPIB

Venue
Ford Center in Oklahoma City, OK

Last week's RAW scored a 3.8 rating, which is up from the previous week's 3.4 number.

Confirmed Matches/Events

Cheech & Chong To Serve As Guest Co-Hosts

Bret Hart To Deliver His "Farewell"

Randy Orton Vs. Ted DiBiase

The Fourth Inductee In The 2010 Hall of Fame To Be Announced

Build To WrestleMania XXVI

Dante Spears

I f****** hate MVP, he offers nothing to the WWE or Wrestling as a whole. he can't wrestle for crap and he's just utterly Pathetic.

Ryder deserves so much more then jobbing pathetically to that worthless hack.

TPIB

I couldn't contain my laughter when Chong was running his hands through Regal's hair.
That whole little bit there was great; the Regal part and the Masters part were both great.

Kudos to WWE for being able to make drug references work with Lucky Charms.

By the way, when did George Michael win the WWE Title? Oh wait, that was Batista.

:lol: at Katie Lea with a fake mustache. She still looks hot, even with a fake mustache.

MVP is way past his expiration date; at least a year by my book.

What in the blue hell happened in that match, by the way?

Last edited:

Dante Spears

Useless knocked him over. Stood there for a painful amount of time, remembered he had to do the Ballin' Elbow, did it pathetically, Rosa Mendes interrupted and then MVP pulled off that finishing move that should not be allowed to exist squashing Ryder, a guy with some potential and a unique look.

I hate MVP

Also, whose Mad Dog?

WAYNE

Remember Luna? It's her grandad or dad (Not 100% sure what one)

Dave7g

Think he's her uncle. These 30 second matches are pointless, who can even remember them 10 minutes later?

I can sense a HHH turn.

DraVen

If anyone had have said that Cena/Batista would be one of the best promo-built storylines in years, I'd have told you to get cancer and die. But lo and behold, Cena and Batista just sold me on giving a sh*t about their match and it was wonderful. Heel Batista is the best Batista, and Cena did a sterling job too.

Vince and Bret, not so much.

Still, give me my Wrestlemania, NOW!

Jung

Completely agree with you Mitch.

Cena/Batista interaction was just brilliant and Batista was just obnoxious, ******** great. But the reason it's so effective is it is so simple. It's basically each side is everything they don't stand for. Simple.

Bret/Vince though. Its just meandering and meandering bad. How many times has Vince got one over on Bret? It's 15-1. I know you should want to see Bret beat Vince at WM but at the moment Bret just looks like a massive loser, who's downbeat gets defeated at everything he does and is a nobody.

All the great video packages in the world won't mean a damn if they just book him like a hapless, unlucky tw*t who Vince can easily outwit. Am beginning to care little for their match cause it just hasn't got going and Bret's fleeting appearances have just been a complete waste of time. The angle would have done better if he hadn't have turned up. It's just turned into a smart, incredibly cocky old man continuing outdoing an injured, depressed old man.

MITB looks sh*t too. Jobber central. I mean Swagger and Ziggler have been job fodder for about a year while MVP loses pretty much every singles match against anybody mildly pushed. So it leaves Christian as the only guy who's actually going somewhere (considering Benjamin just gets wheeled out for this event and Kane's does nothing anymore). Certainly a massive come down at the moment to previous years.

The Legacy divide has also died a death. Just no direction, nobody really cares cause they've changed their mind and direction so often. It's a rescue job now cause it's a massive failure. Its astonishing how far Dibiase/Rhodes have fallen from beating DX on PPV (which I didn't even think was that important, yet looks massive compared to now).

Makes you wonder how they can do great stuff with Cena/Batista and HBK/Taker but crap elsewhere.

The Beltster

Batista is such a much better promo when he is a heel and being cocky rather than when he is pandering to the crowd and doing that fake laugh crap. He looked like one of the Village People though. Leather waistcoats dont do anybody any favours.

Jung

I actually think one of his heel gimmick traits is he dresses like a douche. It must be. Surely?

The Beltster

I dunno, Dave dressed like a dork when he was a face at times too...anybody remember those muscle vests with the spaghetti straps?! :lol:

The Beltster

Just watched the Bret/Vince thing, not sure what to think of it really, it wasnt good I can say that.

First off, Bret looked ancient again. Its weird, he looked good his first week out and has looked older every time since. The baseball cap with Magnum P.I sunglasses on an old man with jean shorts doesnt work for me. Add to that, Vince is bigger than Bret, so Bret looked bad because of that aswell.

Then we had the promo where Vince seemed like he was going to cum every time he insulted Hart while Hart stood there and eventually fell on his face.

Its like Bret is this bumbling idiot who is so stupid he cant see what everybody else can see coming.

I've hated this build, its been a massive waste and it wouldnt be shocking if alot of it was just Vince wanting to take his little petty digs and make Hart look like a prat on TV every week knowing he will have to put him over at WM.

Inno

I'm the good looking one up there
Subscriber
What would make it work is that Vince does this shit for another couple of weeks, then goes to do it again and Bret just snaps, makes it like he's been acting weak to get what he wants - the match at Mania - then beats the crap out of him and Vince is suddenly on the back foot again.

Might not save it, but would make it a damn sight more interesting

The Beltster

I think anybody who claims Vince isnt paying attention to TNA is a bit of a prat. I've no idea why he cares because TNA cant hang with WWE, but there is no way we would be seeing Cena vs McMahon on RAW next week if TNA werent going live too.

Jung

It's kind of depressing though that the 2 companies first head to head and their main draw cards are matches featuring 60+ guys on one side.

Deary me.

Dave7g

What would make it work is that Vince does this shit for another couple of weeks, then goes to do it again and Bret just snaps, makes it like he's been acting weak to get what he wants - the match at Mania - then beats the crap out of him and Vince is suddenly on the back foot again.

Might not save it, but would make it a damn sight more interesting
I thought that was going to happen last night. Bret doing his injured possum gimmick, then beats up McMahon after he gets his match. But nah, it wasn't good at all last night.

Batista's leather wristband was the gayest thing I've ever seen a man wear.