Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread - July 27, 2009 from Washington, D.C. (#844)

TPIB

Venue
Verizon Center in Washington, D.C. (Batista's Hometown)

Last week's RAW Rating: 3.5 Rating (same number as previous week)

Confirmed Matches/Events

Shaquille O'Neal To Serve As Guest Host

NEW Unified Tag Team Champions Big Show & Chris Jericho To Appear

NEW Diva's Champion Mickie James To Appear

Night of Champions Fallout

Last edited:

DraVen

This is the best Raw. Shaq is great, Jericho is great, that kiss was great, and Big Show looks great in a suit.

Best Raw.

The Fury

The Last King of Scotland
Subscriber
jericho deserves a title challenge feud, the heat he's getting is just insane!

EDIT-OK SHAQ DESERVES TO BE PERMANENT GM AFTER THAT FATBOY COMMENT!!!!!!!!

DraVen

Shaq is taller than Show by a good inch or two. Who thought that showdown to be a good idea?

And Cryme Tyme are black, you see.

DraVen

Yes.

And now Michael Cole is gone because he needs to interview Shaq.

BEST RAW.

The Beltster

Shaq is a legit 7'1" so Show must be a legit 7', who'd have thought WWE would have told the truth on that, they usually bullshit about heights all the time.

Shaq's been a bitch since 1996.

Dante Spears

....Yes, let's draw out a match with Mark Henry, Mark Henry should not take 7 minutes to beat Carlito.

Okay, this is what they should have done but obviously it was to logical. Henry should have been the penultimate match and have him set the bar low so whoever was last would've looked better for beating there opponent fast.....although that could have been disastrous as well.

Last edited:

The Beltster

When and why did Mark Henry just become a face? I dont pay attention.

More importantly, Ludvig Borga sign :lol:

LMAO!!! I suppose Masters' has good genetics Vince? Even his hair looks like its been on the gas! Bouffontastic. He looks exactly like Mr Incredible...its uncanny.

Last edited:

Dante Spears

Chris Masters is back.... *impassive shrug* Yay?

Okay, Kendrick losing is one thing. Kendrick jobbing is another thing. But that was a f*cking insult. When have they ever started a match when one of the opponents was cutting a promo? or better yet when have they ever started a match when he's still in his entrance attire. Or better yet when has a ref ever gotten out of the ring to deliver a count? That was a f*cking insult to Kendrick.

Last edited:

Dave7g

Good old HHH, protecting himself from looking weak again and wrestling the dumbest match possible. Beat the clock with restholds yeah? Best of all time my arse.

DraVen

When and why did Mark Henry just become a face? I dont pay attention.
The week after Trump Raw (so about 4/5 weeks ago), he drafted to Raw and turned babyface against Randy Orton, beating him clean and standing tall to end the show.

His gimmick is now that he smiles a lot and raises his hand so that everyone raises their hand... and then he lowers it, and everyone lowers it. I don't know if it's a shock or not, but even though the crowd is dead for his matches, the hand gimmick is actually getting over.

TPIB

Shaq was the best part of RAW, hands down. I think it is safe to assume that WWE will be bringing him back as Guest Host in the future (one has to figure that WWE will run out of celebrities down the line and re-use some past Guest Hosts a second or third time).

Was Michael Cole actually entertaining? Compared to Todd Grisham, Michael Cole is flawless as an announcer; "smart, sexy, and whatever the other word is". "That would be 'powerful', Todd". Sorry, went on a bit of a tangent there. In any case, I did enjoy the backstage segments with Shaq, especially Santino showing off his mad, dope rapping skills. And who says racism is a thing of the past? Now I want to see Shaq take on Vince in a game of Scrabble.

My reaction to Chris Masters returning was me looking at the screen and thinking, "oh, Masters is back" and then I stopped caring. That might be a record for me! I was amused by how quickly the "you can't wrestle" chants started. Who wants to place a bet that Masters gets his third strike and gets fired sometime in the future? Anyone?

I have a simple question- is this Primo/Carlito feud going to happen or isn't it? Last night, they seemed to put the feud back on, but then on RAW, no sign of Primo or anything. I don't get it. In any case, I am a big fan of the face Mark Henry. I don't get the hand thing, but I am enjoying him more as a face. Not sure why. Maybe it's because he's in contrast to Big Show as one of the big men on the show.

Gail Kim actually getting the pinfall win in a match that also featured the Diva's Champion on her team makes me hopeful that it will lead to a Mickie/Gail feud. I am still holding out for Kim to win the Diva's Title soon. I expect there to be a Mickie/Phoenix feud after the rematch with Maryse that's bound to happen soon. It seems odd to me that Maryse was nowhere to be seen on the show.

I am pretty much used to Kendrick getting jobbed out to anyone and everyone now. I'm just surprised he is still employed, really.

I have another burning question- what has Triple H been doing since his return and before his return if not "taking care" of Legacy? How many times has he attacked them and came out on top? I guess I should stop counting on wrestling to have any logic nowadays.

Enough with the Hornswoggle crap already! We get the point. Haha, it's a midget beating a talented wrestler in ridiculous situations. Hilarious :rolleyes2:

I was surprised to see Evan Bourne actually beat Jack Swagger. I still hope we see a Kofi/Bourne feud over the U.S. Title.

I think we can officially mark The Miz as a jobber now. I can't believe that they are still letting Cena use a STF (notice that I said a STF, not the STF as it would be an insult to call that the STF). The move still looks as god-awful as it did when first used it like three years ago.

Well, we got Orton Vs. Cena at SummerSlam. That's bad enough, but I get the feeling that Cena is going to get the title this time around. I was hoping for Mark Henry to face Orton, but I should know better by now. Vince fears fresh matches when it comes to the WWE Title. I think Orton Vs. Swagger would have been an intriguing match and I hate Swagger (not as much as Cena, mind you).

Shaq is one of those guys you see make a special appearance in the WWE or elsewhere and you see him do a move or two and then you can imagine him being a wrestler. I think Shaq would make a good wrestler if that's the career path he would have chosen. Granted, that's just from one move, but a lot of celebrity guests can't even handle that.

I'm interested to see Jeremy Piven's involvement next week. I don't expect him to get physically involved in anything, though. On a side-note, his movie, "The Goods" looks like it will be a funny one.

WWE Monday Night RAW Match Results- July 27, 2009

Beat The Clock Challenge:
Mark Henry def. Carlito by pin following the World's Strongest Slam to set the time to beat at 6:49.

6-Diva Tag:
New Divas Champion Mickie James, Gail Kim, & Kelly Kelly def. Beth Phoenix, Rosa Mendes, & Alicia Fox by Gail Kim pinning Alicia Fox following a missile dropkick.

Beat The Clock Challenge: Time To Beat- 6:49:
MVP & Chris Masters (in his return to the WWE) fight to a Double Count-Out; Mark Henry's time of 6:49 stands.

Squash Match: Non-Title:
United States Champion Kofi Kingston def. The Brian Kendrick by pin following Trouble In Paradise.

Triple H & Cody Rhodes (with Ted DiBiase) fight to a Time Limit Draw; Mark Henry's time of 6:49 stands.

Hornswoggle def. Chavo Guerrero (blindfolded) by pin following the Tadpole Splash.

Evan Bourne def. Jack Swagger by roll-up; Mark Henry's time of 6:49 stands.

John Cena def. The Miz by submission to the CSTF with a time of 4:28 to become the #1 Contender for the WWE Title at SummerSlam.

Special Enforcer- Shaquille O'Neal: Non-Title:
Cryme Tyme def. New Unified Tag Team Champions Big Show & Chris Jericho by DQ after Big Show refused to leave the ring as the illegal man in the match.
Wow, nine matches on RAW, you don't see that very often.

JamesMXPX

Source: F4Wonline
After the unannounced main event (HHH/Cena Vs Orton/Show), HHH grabbed the house mic noticing a flurry of activity around ringside, and said he knew that there was a setup underway for his birthday. He jumped into the crowd and started running away into the crowd and into the back area. The entire locker room emptied out throughout the arena floor, attempting to catch HHH and force him back into the ring area. Eventually Vince McMahon came out and threatened to sing Happy Birthday until HHH came out. HHH's music played, and he peered out from around the back area, covered in cake already. He walked towards ringside, and thanked the crowd while wrestlers surrounded him, all holding mini cakes to smash in his face. HHH joked that his only concern was that Mark Henry would eat him once he was covered in cake. As predicted, the entire roster started throwing cake at HHH, and HHH grabbed a hold of Vince and rolled around on the mat with him, getting him smothered with cake as well. Batista's music played, and Batista came down as the last person from backstage, cake in hand. Big Show held HHH back while Batista went to throw the cake in his face, but HHH ducked and Batista's cake smashed into Big Show's face. The entire roster was running around ringside throwing cake at each other (and all over the fans), having a great time. The entire ceremony lasted about 15 minutes.

DC

When have they ever started a match when one of the opponents was cutting a promo? or better yet when have they ever started a match when he's still in his entrance attire. Or better yet when has a ref ever gotten out of the ring to deliver a count?
I've seen all of these things more than once.