Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread - July 19, 2010 from Tulsa, OK (#895)

TPIB

Last week's edition of RAW scored a 3.3 rating, which is down from the previous week's 3.4 number.

Venue
BOK Center in Tulsa, OK

Confirmed Matches/Events

Triple Threat #1 Contender's Match for the WWE Title:
Edge Vs. Randy Orton Vs. Chris Jericho

WWE Money-in-the-Bank Fallout

Last edited:

FreeSpirit

It's very rare these days I stay up to watch RAW LIVE but that was a thoroughly enjoyable show from start to finish!

Last edited:

WAYNE

Bret Hart being on Cena's team is bullshit, unless he is the bigger picture and new leader of Nexus.

Or Bret steps down to let Bryan Danielson in :lol:

H}{H-Evolution

I enjoyed it - was surprised by the Team Cena lineup, but I'm not complaining...Hart's a mouthpiece more than anything anyway, so he'll be the peptalk/Canadian punching bag of the group. :lol:

Wrestling God

I enjoyed it - was surprised by the Team Cena lineup, but I'm not complaining...Hart's a mouthpiece more than anything anyway, so he'll be the peptalk/Canadian punching bag of the group. :lol:
Agreed about Hart. The whole Cena lineup just seems a bit strange. People like Edge and Jericho make sense, but Khali?

H}{H-Evolution

Khali is the powerhouse - they coulda gone for Henry, but I guess they were looking for something a little more 'impressive' in scale. Plus, Khali's doing sweet FA lately anyway! :p

Jericho/Edge are there to put their differences aside and come together as common enemies against the alliance of Nexus who assaulted them...it makes sense, and they'll feud again during and right after, without a doubt.

Last edited:

Dante Spears

Damn good RAW tonight. Best it's been in a long time, even the Divas match wasn't painful to watch.

aroz93

My opinion on Cena's team: I like Edge and Jericho. I accept Morrison and R-Truth. I don't want Khali or Bret there at all. Really I was expecting to see Danielson or Sheamus fill up the last spot.

Excluding a couple of Cena's picks, I enjoyed the show.

Springsteen

Pretty good Raw. Only really disliked the Santino/Kozlov vs Regal/Ryder tag match but apart from that it was very good. I liked the Miz teasing the cash in, worked fine. That's why he was the better choice to carry it for a few months and maybe have the odd tease.

Wrestling God

My only complaint about the Miz cash in was that I wish they would have made Seamus look a bit stronger. I really want to see him succeed as champion. I thought it would have been cool if Seamus had pretended to be unconcious so the referee couldn't ring the bell and then right when Miz relented Seamus could stand up and bolt outta there. It would be nice to see a heel champion who was actually menacing and could defend himself. Maybe not good odds of Seamus surviving Summerslam with the title now, though.

Dante Spears

My only complaint about the Miz cash in was that I wish they would have made Seamus look a bit stronger. I really want to see him succeed as champion. I thought it would have been cool if Seamus had pretended to be unconcious so the referee couldn't ring the bell and then right when Miz relented Seamus could stand up and bolt outta there. It would be nice to see a heel champion who was actually menacing and could defend himself. Maybe not good odds of Seamus surviving Summerslam with the title now, though.
What are you talking about? After wrestling an entire 10 minute match, Miz goes in to do his freaking finisher and Sheamus fights him off despite being tired and in the exact set up for the finisher. And I'm happy he didn't hit a John Cena level of no selling with his skull being smashed into a steel briefcase.

Champions have been laid out before and they always will be. As long as they don't do it every week and as long as the person who did it is somebody the champion is fine. I don't really understand this dumb logic of "Sheamus got laid out, oh the WWE has no faith in him, his reign will be over by SummerSlam." Or better yet why high tailing it out of there would make him appear stronger. It would make him look like a coward.

Wrestling God

My comment about the Miz attack was totally unrelated to the Summerslam comment. Sheamus (apologies for spelling; entirely accidental, I assure you)

I believe that Sheamus will lose at Summerslam more due to the fact that he's facing Randy Orton(who has been booked very strong) than anything to do with the booking of Sheamus.

I do think you are absolutely right that Sheamus has not been booked weakly, I was just stating something that I wished had happened as I thought it would be cool.

The GS

What are you talking about? After wrestling an entire 10 minute match, Miz goes in to do his freaking finisher and Sheamus fights him off despite being tired and in the exact set up for the finisher. And I'm happy he didn't hit a John Cena level of no selling with his skull being smashed into a steel briefcase.
I guess Wrestling God didn't put the "h" in Sheamus because outside of wrestling, no one spells that name the way they do. It's always spelled Séamus in the outside world.

As for the show...
The #1 contender triple threat match was very good. I enjoyed that one.

Khali and Bret are on Cena's team to face Nexxus! :lol: :lol:
Khali's a comedy character and Bret is crippled. If they defeat Nexxus at Summerslam then they've just killed the hottest angle in the last few years.

ScottyB

I actually really liked Raw this week, even the commentary isn't that bad anymore. Cole doesn't seem to be spewing out company lines left, right and centre and is slowly becoming a heel commentator.

All the segments were logical, and all done to further existing feuds.

I marked so hard when Miz hit the Skull Crushing Finale on Sheamus and "cashed in" his briefcase. I liked how he also retracted his cashing.

Cena's Army could be stronger, I'd have swapped Khali for Henry (which would of been better for continuity...) and brought in Bourne(although, bringing Danielson back would also have been pretty cool). I'd still have Hart in though, makes perfect sense, I'd just refrain him from doing anything physical, because lets face it he's in no fit state to tie his shoelace up let alone wrestle. Although, one thing that does bug me is Truth and Morrison are currently in feuds, and now Miz and DiBiase will have to become allies to Nexus for it all too make sense.

But yeah, best Raw this year by a country mile.

DC

Khali's a comedy character
True, but he's a 7'3" powerhouse of a comedy character and that's why his inclusion works. Regardless of how he's been booked in skits, in-ring, Khali still has the aura of someone who can take out any other wrestler with one shot.

The GS

True, but he's a 7'3" powerhouse of a comedy character and that's why his inclusion works. Regardless of how he's been booked in skits, in-ring, Khali still has the aura of someone who can take out any other wrestler with one shot.
I guess... But to me it's along the same lines as say, America calling up Keenan and Kel to help defeat the Iraqi's.

Paul

I guess Wrestling God didn't put the "h" in Sheamus because outside of wrestling, no one spells that name the way they do. It's always spelled Séamus in the outside world.
Other than by Sheamus himself. In Ireland. But dont worry about that, we're used to you being wrong. :p

The last line was obviously a joke, hence the smiley face