Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread - January 4, 2010 from Dayton, OH (#867)

What Did You Think of the January 4 edition of RAW?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TPIB

Venue
Nutter Center at Wright State University in Dayton, OH

Last week's RAW scored a 3.6 rating, which is up from the 3.2 number that the show drew the previous week.

Confirmed Matches/Events

Bret "Hitman" Hart Returns To The WWE To Serve As Guest Host

Unified WWE Tag Team Championship:
D-Generation X (c) Vs. Jeri-Show

Randy Orton Vs. Kofi Kingston

First RAW of 2010

From Wrestling 101:

In today’s age it’s fairly difficult to find anything to genuinely shock and excite a long-time wrestling fan. Yet this was it. Bret Hart, a man who had frequently shown his disdain for both WWE and its hierarchy of Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels and Triple H, was going to return as a performer. To older fans it’s truly sensational news, enough to make the idea of watching Raw (a chore to say the least) a must see moment in the week again. For newer fans they may be wondering what all the fuss is about, so I’ll set the scene. In the words of Antarctic explorer Captain Oates, “I may be some time”...

> Home is where the Hart is? The return of The Hitman

Last edited by a moderator:

Phil

why did they make such a big deal of Jericho being forced back to Smackdown if they have him just appear on Raw again the next week?

ScottyB

Because, Jericho has been trying to get back on to Raw (eg pretending to be santa) and probably did something on last nights Raw which warrented the match.

Phil

hmm fair point, not watched raw in months so probably missing a big chunk of that storyline!

benz19

Wrestlezone is saying that John Cena is missing this Raw because of some coin toss

H}{H-Evolution

Basically, after Y2J's petitioning and getting in with a Raw Ticket last night, DX Challenged Jericho/Big Show to a match next week -
Tag Championship v Right to be on Raw!

And that pretty much is that. :p

Inno

I'm the good looking one up there
Subscriber
That's EXACTLY what I thought might happen...

The GS

Hey, maybe Bret will screw Shawn out of a title. ;)
That'd be awesome... Shame this RAW isn't in Canada.
Is Ohio a big wrestling state? Like will the crowd be quiet like they have been at a lot of WWE events this year?

Dante Spears

The WWE really are missing the boat if they don`t bother to stop off in Canada while Bret Hart is wrestling, just a waste of an opportunity.

BRM

Forum Leader
2 hours i belive.

The hour that the Dixiechicks have by themselves is massive for them.

The Beltster

Vince really should have forked out some extra cash or pulled some strings to get this show in Canada at the Bell Centre in Montreal where the whole deal went down in 1997. The pop would have been off the scale.

Dante Spears

They probably nixed the idea when Breaking Point failed to sell decently, despite being the first PPV there in however long it was.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
From Wrestling 101:

In today’s age it’s fairly difficult to find anything to genuinely shock and excite a long-time wrestling fan. Yet this was it. Bret Hart, a man who had frequently shown his disdain for both WWE and its hierarchy of Vince McMahon, Shawn Michaels and Triple H, was going to return as a performer. To older fans it’s truly sensational news, enough to make the idea of watching Raw (a chore to say the least) a must see moment in the week again. For newer fans they may be wondering what all the fuss is about, so I’ll set the scene. In the words of Antarctic explorer Captain Oates, “I may be some time”...

> Home is where the Hart is? The return of The Hitman

Jimmy Redman

The WWE really are missing the boat if they don`t bother to stop off in Canada while Bret Hart is wrestling, just a waste of an opportunity.
They have almost all Raws from now until Mania booked (none being even close to Canada), but they have I think 2 free dates close to WM, when they'll be around the midwest/west heading for Phoenix. Point being, its possible, but unlikely unless they do a lot of re-scheduling and/or murderous travelling.

I posted the Raw schedule in the Bret thread somewhere if you're interested.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Yeah, the shows were all booked into venues way before Bret was even re-signed.

LilThj

Hey, maybe Bret will screw Shawn out of a title. ;)
I don't think that will happen maybe if it was in canada but not in ohio and besides if bret does screw micheals he would also be svrewing HHH which just so happens to be the bosses step-son.

John Hancock

Senior Moderator
Subscriber
Son in law.

Wouldn't that be a good thing though? I mean, I don't think it'll happen, but what would be wrong with Bret screwing both the man who "stole his title" AND the heir of the man who "ruined his life" at the same time? Sounds like a pretty nifty way to kick the whole thing off to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.