Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread- February 25, 2008 from Phoenix, AZ (#770)

TPIB

Credit: WWE.com
John Cena now has an opportunity to headline WrestleMania in the WWE Title Match, but now he must worry about two men – Triple H and WWE Champion Randy Orton. And Triple H made a statement when he delivered a thunderous Pedigree to both men after he officiated their match last week. What lengths will these Superstars go to mark their territory and gain momentum going into WrestleMania XXIV?

With a bandaged nose and a black eye, Big Show made his first appearance on RAW in more than a year. The 7-footer was there to apologize for his behavior the night before at No Way Out, when he and Floyd Mayweather traded blows. After “apologizing” to the WBC Welterweight Champion, Big Show then taunted Mayweather into accepting his challenge for a match. The type of match was unspecified, but what type of bout might we expect from these two warriors?

In other RAW action, Mr. McMahon looked on callously as his son, Hornswoggle, suffered a ruthless beating by JBL and lie unconscious in the middle of the ring. As the night began, the little guy had expected to battle his father in a Steel Cage Match. There shown, however, a sliver of light when Hornswoggle’s protector, Finlay, tried to rescue him. But JBL turned out the lights when he attacked the Irishman and handcuffed him to the ring ropes. He then began to pummel Hornswoggle so severely that even Mr. McMahon was taken aback.

What is Hornswoggle’s condition? And what are JBL and the Chairman’s reactions and explanations for the brutal attack? And what are Finlay’s thoughts?

Finally, last Monday, Maria defeated Women's Champion Beth Phoenix in a non-title match to earn a photo shoot in Playboy Magazine. Following the victory, the elated Diva immediately flew to Los Angeles for the sexy spread, which our fans can get an exclusive look at, this coming week on RAW. What will this steamy glimpse bring to Monday night? Don't miss out.

Find out the answers to these questions and more by tuning in to RAW when it emanates live from Phoenix at 9/8 CT on the USA Network.

Venue: The U.S. Airways Center in Phoenix, AZ (Eric Bischoff's Hometown)​

Confirmed Matches/Events

Build Up To WrestleMania XXIV

Exclusive Footage of Maria's Playboy Photo Shoot

Last edited:

Dave7g

Anything announced at all for this? Apart from "What will happen"?

I'm debating staying up for it.

Rebekah

Nothing anounced yet although that may have more to do with the Press Conference today.

Fiona

RAW Spoilers from Feb 25/08

Here are some of the important matches that happened on Raw last night.

Hardcore Holly and Cody Rhodes beat Santino and Carilto in tag team action.
Jericho beat Jeff Hardy and is now in the MITB match at Mania.
HBK beat Lance Cade by DQ after Trevor Murdoch interfered.
Flair came to the ring and asked Michaels to give him a match at Mania. Michaels refused and then accepted. So it is confirmed it will be Flair v HBK at WM.
JBL came down to the ring and told Vince Hornswoggle wasn't his son, in fact he was Finlay's son and he was going to prove it next time Finlay was in the ring. Looks like the b***d son storyline is going away.
Maria's Playboy photoshoot was shown and the Playboy cover will be revealed next week on Raw.
Main event was HHH and Cena against Orton and Kennedy. HHH and Cena won when Cena made Kennedy tap out of the STFU.

Another HOF inductee was announced. The Rock will inductee his father and grandfather at the HOF ceremonies the night before WM.

All in all the show wasn't half bad this week. The talent pool on Raw is definitely deeper than SD and it is really being to show.

Last edited:

Jung

I like the actual match ideas from the feuds but all the feuds are coming off so lazy. It's so off the cuff, no forward planning, like they've finally come out with an idea over why these people are in a match, 10 minutes before TV time.

I'm all for JBL/Finlay, Orton/Cena/HHH, Flair/HBK, MITB etc but they are being booked rubbishly.

Why is JBL involved with Finlay? Does Cena still hate Orton or has he forgotten? Has HHH forgot that Orton beat him for the title? Has HHH mentioned he wants revenge from a couple of WM's ago against Cena? Why was Jeff Hardy in another MITB qualifying match? Why is Flair's retirement match essentially being set up with only 2/3 shows of planning?

It's just simple things which haven't even been though about because it's a huge rush job. And that's embarassing when it's the biggest show of the year.

The Great Ahmar

I thought it was a really good show this week, Jericho vs. Hardy was easily the best Jericho match since his return, Umaga vs. Batista should be good. I marked out for "Stupid cow" during the Regal thing. The Main EVent was fine too. Oh Flair/HBK's promo thing was grant.

Why is JBL involved with Finlay?
Vince asked him to take care of Finlay during the cage but didn't tell him to go too far. Now that he beat up Hornswoggle and possibly ruined the secret, of course Finlay wants to beat him up.

And there's 4 Raw's left till Wrestlemania.

Dave7g

I left after Jericho/Hardy which was great but made no sense at all. Why was Jeff in a qualifying match, and why was he trying so hard to win, if he lost, he still qualifies! Dumb.

The team of Default and Bob Holly continue to be awful and as mediocre as grey, who are the Tag champs on Raw? I honestly don't know.

By the sounds of it, the HBK/Flair storyline was booked by a lump of wood. "Would you like a match at wrestemania?", "No", "Ah go on", "Well ok then".

Compelling stuff.

Rock at the HOF!! I can see him pulling a Bret and not being at Mania. Then being called a "spoilsport".

The rest I don't care about, HHH,Cena, Orton, and Kennedy could have a fued in my living room and I head straight for the kitchen. Unbelievably bored of Cena and HHH.

Also, RETIRE THE IC TITLE, you don't care about it, so drop it! The IC champion shouldn't be about getting a World title match, he should be about defending his prized possession with a lot of passion.

Does Jeff even know he's the champ?

The Beltster

I watched a couple highlights. Flair vs HBK has been done in recent memory, and it sucked. Shawn ending Flair's career doesnt appeal to me at all, and will be a run of the mill HBK match with Flair looking awful. Not really interested.

Jeff getting pinned by Jericho was stupid, plus he is the IC champion, does that mean Jericho is number 1 contender now? Of course it doesnt, because WWE dont give a f*ck about the IC title. Its sad.

I dont remember Savage, Honky, Warrior, Rude or Perfect putting over people in qualifying matches when they were IC champs, and I remember when they were, WWF made a huge deal of it. Where did this company go wrong with title worth?

Dont care about HHH, he is as overbearing and crap as always, Kennedy is a worthless piece of 'talent', Cena is Cena and Orton has all the charisma of a plank of wood.

WM main event is made up of boring, overexposed guys who will have a regular WWE style triple threat match that we have seen a bazillion times before. Triple threat main eventing WM is stupid aswell.

Its sad when the most intriguing thing at a WrestleMania is a non wrestler midget having a match with a clumsey oaf who cant carry anybody to a good outing.

Jung

I thought it was a really good show this week, Jericho vs. Hardy was easily the best Jericho match since his return, Umaga vs. Batista should be good. I marked out for "Stupid cow" during the Regal thing. The Main EVent was fine too. Oh Flair/HBK's promo thing was grant.

Vince asked him to take care of Finlay during the cage but didn't tell him to go too far. Now that he beat up Hornswoggle and possibly ruined the secret, of course Finlay wants to beat him up.

And there's 4 Raw's left till Wrestlemania.
Yeah 4 Raw's till the biggest show of the year...for them to build the biggest show of the year.

Heck a few years ago they'd have the WM booking sorted out in November! Now they haven't even sorted it out with a month to go, it's embarassing.

The Great Ahmar

Yeah 4 Raw's till the biggest show of the year...for them to build the biggest show of the year.

Heck a few years ago they'd have the WM booking sorted out in November! Now they haven't even sorted it out with a month to go, it's embarassing.
Edge vs. Undertaker has been pretty much booked since Edge came back, in November. Who was to know Cena would be back so soon? MVP vs. Matt Hardy has been ear-marked since that time (providing that actually do the match). HBK vs. Flair was hinted at the first Raw Flair's retirement storyline was announced, around that time.

Drake

Am I the only one who is freaking bored of RAW's Wrestle Mania ME already? I mean, talk about a boring build-up so far. Yes, I know that there's only been two weeks of build-up but so far they have sucked. Orton has been his boring self, HHH is his boring self and so has Cena. I'm just waiting for WM 24 when the triple threat match is over and Jeff cashes in his MITB and spares us of a HHH, Cena or Orton reign.

The only good things about RAW are Jeff, Santino and Umaga.

The Beltster

No, you are one of many who is sick of this main event group, surely. I mean, it IS crap. Its dull, bland, boring, whatever you want to call it. Jeff should be thrown in, make it a 4-way and have him go over, pull the trigger and take a chance.

And I know the WWF/WWE have always had their little sayings "WWF/WWE Superstars!" instead of wrestlers or whatever, but EVERY F*CKING YEAR now we have to hear over and over and OVER again "The grandest stage of them all!"

I'm so sick of hearing that phrase uttered.

Jung

Edge vs. Undertaker has been pretty much booked since Edge came back, in November. Who was to know Cena would be back so soon? MVP vs. Matt Hardy has been ear-marked since that time (providing that actually do the match). HBK vs. Flair was hinted at the first Raw Flair's retirement storyline was announced, around that time.
MVP/Hardy has no indication thus far that it will even happen.

And WWE knew Cena was gonna come back and I'm sure HHH did, so surely they'd have worked that out at least since December?

The Great Ahmar

MVP/Hardy has no indication thus far that it will even happen.

And WWE knew Cena was gonna come back and I'm sure HHH did, so surely they'd have worked that out at least since December?
I said "(providing it actually happens)". The rumours were it was being built to a blow-off match at 'Mania before Matt Hardy got ill. Cena's arm was still bandaged up in December, it was only like the last week before the Rumble I saw it out of a sling. (on the day he helped us over come the odds)

The Beltster

WWE would have made sure he kept the sling on though, to run with the swerve that he was still injured and not ready to come back.

Jung

Yeah there is no way he turns up with 5 days to go and says "yeah I'm fine", they would have been getting constant updates on when he would be ready, he's their biggest star after all.

I just find it all such a rushjob at the moment, that if it weren't for the big Mayweather angle, it would just feel like a Backlash or an Unforgiven, not WrestleMania.

Fiona

Omar:

I missed that bit with Regal and the "stupid cow" Vicki G. Is it Batista v Umaga at WM for brand supremacy?

Kanenite

Good RAW this week, there was a lot of good Mania build. The feuds are shaping up nicely for Mania, i'm looking forward to it. Chuffed Flair/Michaels will happen as it's the match I wanted to see. Jericho/Hardy was a very good match, that has to be Jericho's best match yet, very good, the rest of the matches were a bit meh but the Flair/Michaels promo was good.