Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread - February 22, 2010 from Indianapolis, IN (#874)

Da Showstoppa

No, its NEVER been this bad. Its been obvious the past few months because WWE has been complete and utter pure shit. I've never seen a wrestling show as bad as current day RAW. Its just awful.
The weird thing is though, that Smackdown has been really good for the most part - so how can WWE manage to get one right and the other wrong?

TPIB

According to WrestleScoop.com, this week's RAW scored a 3.8 rating, which is up from last week's 3.4 number.

BRM

Forum Leader
I'm actully enjoying Raw more so at the moment than i hae for the past couple of years.

Inno

I'm the good looking one up there
Subscriber
[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aKNjRIfqU3Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aKNjRIfqU3Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Getting back to vids, this was my fave up until the HBK/Taker one.

The Beltster

The weird thing is though, that Smackdown has been really good for the most part - so how can WWE manage to get one right and the other wrong?
From what people are saying, Vince has been pretty much ignoring SD! and letting the writers get on with it. I dont know how true that is.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aKNjRIfqU3Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aKNjRIfqU3Y&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Getting back to vids, this was my fave up until the HBK/Taker one.
Oohhh I'd forgotten about this one. This one is even better than the WMX-Seven one. This one really got my pumped up at the time because the nWo were on their way in and it seemed like an exciting time.

Also, in 2003, WWE put out a really good video tribute to all the deaths of that year, Perfect, Liz, Stu etc.

Last edited:

DC

What really gets me, when you look back at the early years, the New Generation era and even through the Attitude Era is that virtually everyone was distinguishable immediately. Gimmicks, appearances, almost everything was unique to that one performer.

I think that today's everyone-looks-the-same-in-trunks mentality is why it's so hard for people to get over and why only a handful get the chance to stand out.

Da Showstoppa

What really gets me, when you look back at the early years, the New Generation era and even through the Attitude Era is that virtually everyone was distinguishable immediately. Gimmicks, appearances, almost everything was unique to that one performer.

I think that today's everyone-looks-the-same-in-trunks mentality is why it's so hard for people to get over and why only a handful get the chance to stand out.
But then that's what happens when you take creativity away from the talent and let the writers determine everything.

JC

But then that's what happens when you take creativity away from the talent and let the writers determine everything.
They had writers before. That isn't the problem.

The problems lie with the new era's funk or atmosphere that they're trying to put out there.

This sort of 'Hey! This isn't just silly cheesy wrestling anymore, this is real!' blended with 'But you won't be hearing or seeing anything anything nasty kids, because these guys only fight each other for the pure competition of it all!'

Wrestling used to have a dark side, a side which could suck you in and believe in the characters in the ring and what they stood for.

I see John Cena and think, 'Yeah he works hard, knows his target audience..but who is he??..Meh I don't care.'

DC

Random thoughts as I watch the show...
  • Jericho was insanely great in the opening segment and the pop for Edge was phenomenal.

• Cena's promo with Vince was brilliant too.

• Did Cody let slip on one of the HoF inductees by mentioning "Cowboy" Bob?

• Ooooh; what are Rhodes and DiBiase up to?

• YAY!!! Yoshi Tatsu on RAW.

• What a great reaction to Orton nailing his partners. The fans REALLY want him to turn face.

• The video package for HBK/Undertaker is an amazing watch. The use of the song is as close to perfection as you're likely to get. I also love the way Michaels was eliminated from the Rumble; grasping with his fingertips to stay in the match.

• I'm looking forward to this promo as serious Shawn Michaels is usually good value.

• WOW!!! What a response for Undertaker's gongs.

• I'm liking that Michaels isn't heeling it up, but rather explaining the reasons behind why he did what he did, conveying exactly how much the rematch means to him.

• Just got a close-up of 'Taker's face and it looks a bit nasty under his bottom lip.

• Seems that the rumours of a Money in the Bank PPV were a bit premature.

• "You're just rude!" :lol:

• Jewel has a nice rack.

• Batista with the chairs - PG-FTW!!

The Beltster

Thats what happens when you owe the pyro guy a few quid and he decides to catch your ass on fire.

Da Showstoppa

Yeah, I was also wondering what that nasty shit was.
I noticed a lot of yellowish colouring on the lower part of Taker's face. Maybe it was vaseline over his burns?

Just watched the Shawn Taker video again, is epic too big a word for how great that promo video is?

I also have to say, I'm really looking forward to Mania. I think the biggest question at the moment going in is who is going to win MITB. I'm predicting Christian.