Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread - August 31, 2009 from Detroit, MI (#849)

TPIB

Venue
Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, MI

Last week's RAW scored a 3.9 rating, which was up from the previous week's 3.8 number.

Confirmed Matches/Events

WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes To Serve As Guest Host

United States Championship: Fatal 4-Way:
Kofi Kingston (c) Vs. Carlito Vs. The Miz Vs. Jack Swagger

Big Show Vs. Mark Henry

MVP Vs. Chris Jericho

Build To Breaking Point

Last edited:

Fiona

Who's the guest host? Any announcement on that.

Oh I just noticed your sig. I've been watching Hoarders too. I think I am one.:p

TPIB

I am yet to hear anything about who the Guest Host will be. I've heard some possible names, but nothing concrete.

Hoarders is an interesting show to say the least. I am a bit of a hoarder, but watching the show, I realized that I am not as bad as those people are and that my dad and my uncle both have a problem with hoarding :lol: That one woman is nuts who was on there; the one who was pitching stuff in the back of that truck and going as slow as humanly possible before just giving up in the end.

Fiona

I liked the Steve, he just let that woman run the whole thing and she had his apartment cleaned in no time. What a disaster though. The one your talking about, the thrift shop junkie. You could tell she didn't want to throw anything away. Her son did though.

On topic. Let's hope this weeks Raw will be better than last and the host shows up in time to do it.

TPIB

I don't know. Doesn't LaBron James and Floyd Mayweather have about the same attitude?

Fiona

Well if they're booked to host the show they should be there. Fans of James may tune in just to see him, if he doesn't show up, he won't look very good.

TPIB

I guess the negotiations with LaBron fell through:

(Courtesy of 411Mania.com)

According to Pwinsider.com, WWE Hall of Famer Dusty Rhodes will host Monday Night Raw next week. The final decision was made last night.
Outside of seeing the dancing, I'm not overly excited about this.

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
I'm ok with seeing Dusty in back in WWE. Could be an interesting dynamic with Cody and Ted.

Jimmy Redman

DUSTY~!

I've been waiting for this since June. Hopefully he gets to be his big old awesome Dusty self. Fingers crossed for no sh*tty comedy or random heel turn or similar nonsense, but then again this is Raw. The odds are against us.

On second thought, weeks ago Cody told Legacy he's on great terms with his father, which would indicate heel Dusty if they actually paid any attention to this type of thing.

Maxximus

Chaotic Good
Forum Leader
Subscriber
Probably not. But I try to be optimistic, so we can hope.

I'm honestly looking forward to seeing The Dweem on Raw, don't be surprised if he books a bull rope match or something similar.

Last edited:

might

im looking forward to when santino blatently will do an impression of dusty rhodes or goldust

TPIB

WWE.com has announced three matches for RAW: A Fatal 4-Way Match for the United States Championship between champion Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Carlito, & Jack Swagger. Big Show will go one-on-one with Mark Henry and MVP will face Chris Jericho.

The site did not clearly say that the Fatal 4-Way was for the title, but I assume that it would be since all the challengers are in the same match.

The Fury

The Last King of Scotland
Subscriber
daaamn hd tv really shows the scars over dustys face from all the battles he's been on.

Though i've missed the american dream :)

Dave7g

Wow that divas battle royale sucked beyond belief, as usual.

Michael Cole thinks that chavo dressed as a cow is thefunniest thing he's everseen in his life. How is he still alive?

Last edited: