Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread - August 16, 2010 from Los Angeles, CA (#899)

TPIB

Last week's edition of RAW scored a 3.3 rating, the same number as the previous week.

(The 900th Episode of RAW was taped following this RAW in the same venue)

Venue
Staples Center in Los Angeles, CA

Confirmed Matches/Events

Justin Long, Charlie Day, & Jason Sudeikis To Serve As Guest Hosts

NXT Rookie Alex Riley To Make A Special Appearance

SummerSlam Fallout

Dave7g

Danielson's back alright, back jobbing. Keeping up his ever popular losing streak.

Frank Botch

The GM has never liked Bret, interesting.

Randall was murking this dude before Sheamus interfered. Shouldn't that have been a DQ?

Damn SOS got destroyed...

Dante Spears

Damn it Belty, you said those new belts were decent. Er I think you did.

Christ it's like they went back to that WWWF Belt made out of Trophy metal for inspiration. Why didn't they just toss the former WWE Tag Team belts in the trash and keep using the World Tag Team belts. The things that actually look like title belts?

Springsteen

Indeed, the tag belts look bad. I didn't mind Raw this week actually, I mean it wasn't as brilliant as last week but it wasn't so bad.

Jung

A pretty dreadful Raw to be honest and just in case you didn't get the Nexus are unbelievably inferior to regular WWE guys, they'd just bang it home again on Raw.

The first segment with Cena was just atrocious with Cena being back to joking, immature, annoying, doesn't care about anything Cena with the Nexus idiots just standing there taking it. Brilliant opening.

The idea about having them beat stars to stay alive was fine but Jesus apart from the tag match was anybody put over? They virtually all won by a ridiculous decision or by fluke. And the ones who won by count out were destroyed afterwards anyway.

Nobody was made to look any better than before and all the Nexus guys in 2 nights have gone from looking like a real threat to the WWE, to looking like The Spirit Squad which I said would probably end up happening.

Back to square one again because this company hasn't got a f*cking clue what they're doing. We'll still get WWE v Nexus carrying on even though they've been buried, nobody thinks they have a hope in winning and they won't win. Brilliant booking guys, brilliant.

HulkHuggon

I'm pretty much done with it now.

Absolute pile of gash.

Can't really disagree with anything Jung says above.

The GS

It was an okay Raw to watch, but if you watched it for logical booking you came to the wrong place.

The guests hosts segment in the ring was god awful as was Cena making fun of all the Nexus guys. I just didn't like that. Comedy wasn't needed. Especially poor comedy.
Gabriel was God awful when he talked. I hope WWE can work around that severe disadvantage he has.
I did like Orton on the show though. He really stepped up his game on this show and he was on fire. Not so sure I'm a fan of Orton smiling though.

Dave7g

The bullshit finishes are terrible, if you want them to look strong again, let them win matches normally, now they just look like flukes, and wins mean nothing at all.

Bah!

The Beltster

Damn it Belty, you said those new belts were decent. Er I think you did.

Christ it's like they went back to that WWWF Belt made out of Trophy metal for inspiration. Why didn't they just toss the former WWE Tag Team belts in the trash and keep using the World Tag Team belts. The things that actually look like title belts?
I like them. The design is good and the craftsmanship is amazing. Stacked plates are cool.

Obviously these pics are of a low quality replica, but still, the design is pretty cool.

The Beltster

I havent watched the show so dont know how they looked on RAW, and I know the price of the belts because my friend made them, so what is it that makes you say they look cheap mate? Genuinly interested. Is it the rose copper plating rather than the regular gold?

I can tell you aside from the WWE and World championships, these tags are the most expensive belts ever made for WWE.

The Beltster

Vince could lose more money down the back of his couch than these belts cost and he wouldnt miss it to be honest. But they are very expensive belts.

The GS

Not the best decision to spend so much money for belts for a division that barely exists.

Jung

I havent watched the show so dont know how they looked on RAW, and I know the price of the belts because my friend made them, so what is it that makes you say they look cheap mate? Genuinly interested. Is it the rose copper plating rather than the regular gold?

I can tell you aside from the WWE and World championships, these tags are the most expensive belts ever made for WWE.
It very well may be the copper, they just look a bit plastic I guess. A little bit tacky. And the leather design again just has a bit of a cheap feel. And the two side plates just seem a bit pointless and tacked on.

I'm sure I'll get used to them, it's just I don't know it's the stuff I mentioned and just something intangible that just gives off a cheapness in contrast to the others, which I don't think look that great anyway.

Dante Spears

The bronze does make then look a little more flimsy, but I noticed that the leather looked really cheap when I saw it. Looking closer they look a little better then what I had thought when i first saw them, but they just feel....out of place. Like they belong on He-Man instead of a wrestler.