• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAW Discussion Thread- Aug. 6, 2007 from Buffalo, NY

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
Credit: WWE.com
This Monday night, live on RAW at 9/8 CT on, Mr. McMahon strikes back.

Also, when Raw went off the air last week, an infuriated WWE Champion John Cena was wiping apple and spit off his face and staring lasers into Carlito, who thanks to Randy Orton, got a pinfall victory over The Champ. The Caribbean Superstar, who had argued that he deserved to be the No. 1 contender to the WWE Championship, now seems to have further ammunition to his claim. But, will he have to feel the wrath of Cena, who could look for revenge for his humiliating defeat?

Will Cena have something in mind for Orton, who has taken pleasure in sending messages to the champion in the weeks before their SummerSlam showdown? Last week, Orton added another legend to his casualty list when he took Sgt. Slaughter to boot camp and hospitalized him with a punt to his cranium. What is Sarge’s medical update? And will yet another legend challenge Orton?

Another Superstar who made a powerful statement was Mr. Kennedy, who also wants to be recognized as the No. 1 contender to the WWE Championship. Kennedy did the nearly-impossible – put Bobby Lashley on the sidelines with a shoulder injury. How much will the loudmouth from Green Bay, WI boast about his latest conquest? And what is Lashley’s condition?

You can find out the answers to these questions and more by tuning in to RAW on Monday night at 9/8 CT on USA.

Conf. Matches/Events

Mr. McMahon Strikes Back

I know I posted the RAW thread a little early, but upon reading the big news that Mr. McMahon was returning on WWE.com, I felt I had to post it early. RAW has taken a big drop in the ratings and bringing back Mr. McMahon should certainly make things interesting. One has to wonder if the death angle will come up. Probably not, though.

SammyDavis

Ratings
I don't think Vince's return is a good idea. It's great how he thinks he is the one to bring the ratings up instead of, i don't know, a WRESTLER. I am kind of curious as to the kayfabe cover up and the crowd reaction he will get.

DC

Ratings
539 2
I don't think Vince's return is a good idea. It's great how he thinks he is the one to bring the ratings up instead of, i don't know, a WRESTLER. I am kind of curious as to the kayfabe cover up and the crowd reaction he will get.
Ratings have went down with nothing but wrestlers being the main focus of the show, so maybe having Vince on will increase ratings.

The Icon

Ratings
I look forward to Vince doing, well doing exactly what he has done since 1998. Actually forget that I don't look forward to it at all.

DraVen

Ratings
I dunno. He admitted on live TV that it was a storyline, so I dunno if he'll tread on that kinda ground, especially after the Benoit murders. I think he'll probably try and make a joke of his "explosive absense" and now he's back to bring WWE to prominence. Leading to God knows what.

Ratings
Yeah, the McMahon "death" thing will be totally dropped. I'd be surprised if any reference at all was made to that angle. I guess there might be vague hints but I doubt he'll explicitly mention what happened with the limo.

Ratings
Vince McMahon vs Paul London

Come on Vince make it happen :thumbup:

I agree that McMahon won't hurt the ratings but he's become quite stale and if they book him in another boss keeping somebody down angle I'll puke.

Rog

Ratings
I agree that McMahon won't hurt the ratings but he's become quite stale and if they book him in another boss keeping somebody down angle I'll puke.
Agreed. There have been too many attempts at re-creating Austin/McMahon. Remember the last few shows before the death angle. Where he would go about harrasing people, putting them in matches, suspending etc. I want something like that. A tyranical boss that makes everyones lives hell, not juts a single wrestler.

Ratings
Agreed. There have been too many attempts at re-creating Austin/McMahon. Remember the last few shows before the death angle. Where he would go about harrasing people, putting them in matches, suspending etc. I want something like that. A tyranical boss that makes everyones lives hell, not juts a single wrestler.
Bischoff was always good at that without being as over the top like Vince.

Too bad Bischoff's contract has expired.

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
Vince is always going to be in a character that is the boss, but I think a different variation is really needed here. I like Rog's idea. I say have him be the boss, but have him keep away from wrestling. Vince is getting older, anyways. It would be best (not to mention showing his body during this steroid fiasco probably isn't wise).

DC

Ratings
539 2
Vince is always going to be in a character that is the boss, but I think a different variation is really needed here. I like Rog's idea. I say have him be the boss, but have him keep away from wrestling. Vince is getting older, anyways. It would be best (not to mention showing his body during this steroid fiasco probably isn't wise).
Isn't everyone?:lol:

Twig

Ratings
Does anyone see Kennedy getting cheered when he talks about how he's the guy who took Lashley off TV?