• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

RAID Shadow Legends

Ratings
This mobile game just came out in May 2019 and had their first official production server released. It is poised to be an esports focused mobile game that follows a somewhat traditional turn based hero fighting RPG genre. What is interestingly different though, is that instead of limiting what players can do, the game actually encourages you to play for 3 hours a day to receive certain bonuses. There is an energy system which will limit constant grinding but it is very generous with the recharge time and maximums so there should be no shortage of things to do. I'm really enjoying it so far, it is easy to pick up but already so complicated that I certainly don't understand everything that's going on! :)

Ratings
Three hours? That's a lot of time to devote to a game. Do you find yourself getting bored or does the game keep you engaged for the entire three hours, @browncoat? The game sounded intriguing until I got to the three hour part.

Ratings
I don't think @browncoat means you have to play for the entire three hours consecutively....right? It would be easy to play for three hours if you kept going back to it throughout the day. It sounds like a cool game. Most games I play cut you off after 15 minutes and demand payment of some sort.

Ratings
@Chuckyy thanks for pointing that out. Yes, I misunderstood and thought it was three hours all together. That amount of time still sounds excessive, even when broken up. That's silly of me though because I can easily lose three hours or more when binge-watching my favorite shows and gaming is just another form of entertainment. It sounds like a fun game.

Ratings
I checked it out yesterday during my break at work and I'm really enjoying it so far. I don't think I played for three hours throughout the day, but it did end up eating up quite a big chunk of my gaming time. I'm kind of lost though - there's so many different areas. What do you think I should be focusing on the most? Leveling up my Champions, or leveling up the artifacts?

Ratings
There are SO many things to do in the game, I was overwhelmed at the beginning too!

Here's what I have learned so far!

3 Hours Play time over the course of 24 hours can be broken up into any number of smaller sessions. This lets you pick ut up and play it as you like and it all adds up to the 3 hour total.
The 3 hour reward is pretty significant, but it's not game changing, it allows you to play 10 additional arena matches. I'm really into PvP so I find it a must-get if I can every day, but the really important one is at the 2 hour mark which is a refill of your energy.
The entire game is centered around sacrificing low tier heroes to boost your high tier heroes. There's no real way to do this without giving up some higher tier heroes at the beginning. Unless of course you don't mind being super behind the curve of every other player. Just find the best 4 champions you can after you get through all the tutorials around level 15, and get them as high ranked and leveled as you can go, and then have fun with the Arena or Dungeons or even the clan boss raids etc.

And that is just from my first few days. I'll try to get a full review/report for you soon!