Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Quitting Smoking

Greylien

Any non-smokers out there? I've been doing for many years now and I really want to quit, but I really can't.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

didge

I am a non-smoker but I see a lot of smokers struggle hard to get out of this habit. It is tough to quit but in a way, having a plan and being prepared, will help. If I may ask, what are your reasons for quitting?

Zack T

Not wanting to spend all that money is probably a big one, and health reasons as well. I mean, why would you want to NOT stop smoking? There's literally nothing beneficial to it at all. Spend money constantly to get yourself addicted to nicotine while also potentially developing bad health conditions.

I've never smoked cigarettes, but my dad and stepfamily did. My dad's quit 3 times or so throughout his life, and he's gone for over a year each time he quit I believe. But eventually he ends up smoking again :(

It's tough. I've read before that nicotine is more addictive than heroin. Get some nicotine patches or gum, or whatever path helps you.

Everyone has their own way of dealing with nicotine addiction. I don't smoke, so I don't know the feeling of getting trapped from this addiction. I would go with Zack about the financial loss you incur with smoking and the future hospital bills when you develop health problems from smoking.