Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Queer Eye in Depeche Mode?

ShadowEdge

I fell down a YouTube rabbit hole while watching some of my favorite old bands. I used to adore Depeche Mode in the 90s and had no idea they had been around as long as they have. So, I stumbled up on this video
where they perform A Question of Time. I could swear that one of the keyboard players is Carson Kressley from the original Queer Eye for the Straight Guy series. You can see him at 1:35 and the camera captures him several times throughout the song. This is driving me crazy guys! I've googled and googled and can't find anything that says Kressley was ever in Depeche Mode, but it looks just like him and I know that the band has changed their crew a few times over the years. Is that Kressley? If not, who is it? It looks like he's hitting one key on the keyboard over and over. The song is from the mid-80s.

Ogmore

I suspect I'm a bit older than you, Shadowedge, so I'll take this on. I've been a fan for ages. I haven't seen the video you're talking about, but if the person is hitting one key on his keyboard, it's likely Fletch. He takes a lot of guff for not doing much in the band. Guff from the fans mind you; I don't think anyone in the band has a problem with him. If you see a player without a shirt, or one wearing bondage gear, then it's likely Martin. I can't say that either one looks like the bloke from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy though. I will check the video later and let you know for sure.

ShadowEdge

I noticed some comments about Fletch on the YouTube video, but I've looked him up and it doesn't look like Fletch. It's hard to believe the stories that the lead singer was hooked on heroin when he always looks so healthy. He looks much younger than the others, even though they're all roughly the same ages.

My older brothers were massive fans and since we shared a room growing up, I know quite a bit about the band. That's definitely Fletch that you're seeing. I watched the video and I get what you mean, @ShadowEdge I think he looks like Conan O'Brien rather than Carson Kressley in that video though. Fletch has had blonde hair, red hair, and brown hair over the years. He's their bass player. You're probably looking at old videos of the band. The lead singer, Dave Gahan, didn't start using heroin until the 90s, I think. He readily admits to abusing heroin in the past. I believe he claims to be drug-free now.

Hendo

"Violator" is such a good album. I knew that Dave Gahan once had a brush with death when his heart stopped for two minutes, after an overdose. But I didn't realize, until I read some of his history today, that he had such a difficult upbringing. He apparently used to steal cars, joy-ride them, then set light to them!

TynBox

They say we all have a twin out there, so maybe Fletch is Carson's twin. Or vice versa. Not many musicians cross over into T.V. territory.