Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

PS4 or Switch games for youth

ShadowEdge

I received a last minute kid from the Angel Tree. The child is an 8-year-old boy requesting games for PS4 or Nintendo Switch. I'm not supposed to give money, gift cards, or digital games. It has to be a physical game instead. Any suggestions? I'm not around children enough to know what's cool and when I asked my friend with a son, she suggested Grand Theft Auto. Would that really be okay or is the game too vulgar? I wouldn't let my nonexistent child play it, but maybe most kids do play that game. Google is turning up Minecraft. Do kids really play MInecraft today? Google also brings up Roblox but I don't think it's compatible with the Switch or PS4? Can I get some help here? I really don't want to disappoint this kid.

It's too bad that you don't know what games he already has. I'm from a large family, so I have plenty of nieces, nephews, and cousins around that age who love video games. Popular games with them that are pretty inoffensive are Rocket League (Switch and PS4), Marvel's Spider-Man (PS4), Overcooked 2 (Switch, PS4), and Super Mario Odyssey (Switch). I played some wild games as a kid, but I understand not wanting to inadvertently offend a family or cause the lad to have the game taken away if it's too adult. The games I mentioned shouldn't cause any trouble.

ShadowEdge

Thank you so much, @Gareth The Great! I went with your suggestions. That was a big help!

Since the kid asked for either console and some games, I don't believe he already has games. I suspect that asking for the console too is why his tag was hanging at the end since many people don't budget that much. I'm not judging him; I get that all kids want the same sorts of presents as their peers. He's the only angel I took this year, so I didn't mind spending a bit more.