• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Professional VS Amateur Athletes in the Olympics

Ratings
In the old days, the Olympics allowed only the amateur athletes. Nowadays, even professional players can represent their countries in the Olympics. I have no problem with this rule, but I feel bad for the amateurs competing in sports wherein their opponents are professionals.

Ratings
It allows countries to be represented by their best athletes, giving them the best chance of winning against their competition. This also gives the amateurs an opportunity to compete against the best out there and to learn from their experienced counterparts.

Ratings
This also gives the amateurs an opportunity to compete against the best out there and to learn from their experienced counterparts.
I like how you see it that way. I can't argue with that as athletes learn from each other. These amateurs may even become professionals after competing with the professionals.