Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Prison shows

Ratings
I have this weird obsession with prison shows, anyone else? I have never been to prison, the closest I've ever come to it was an ex-boyfriend who I visited in prison a few times, but it has always been so interesting to me. My current boyfriend thinks I am so weird for this because I watch them non-stop!

Ratings
I have never been to prison.
Well, I suppose that's good to know. I don't know why, but it made me chuckle.

I watched several seasons of Prison Break, but it jumped the shark towards the end. I'm still watching Orange is the New Black.

Ratings
Haha, something tells me that you might not enjoy prison shows so much if you'd been in prison. I used to watch a lot of Prison Break, thanks to my boyfriend at the time. Other than that show and Orange is the New Black, I don't really watch prison shows. Which ones do you watch?

Ratings
Haha, something tells me that you might not enjoy prison shows so much if you'd been in prison. I used to watch a lot of Prison Break, thanks to my boyfriend at the time. Other than that show and Orange is the New Black, I don't really watch prison shows. Which ones do you watch?
I've been bingeing on Lockup. I think I've watched all prison shows on Netflix, the ones about people on death row, about women incarcerated. I am positive I wouldn't enjoy it if I'd ever been in prison myself!

AmyRichmond

Ratings
And isn't it funny that a lot of the dramas about prison are about women's prisons, not men's? The Aussie dramas Wentworth, and Prisoner: Cell Block H, the American one Orange is the New Black, to name but a few. I even mentioned this to my gran and she said there used to be a British women's prison drama called Within These Walls, that was really popular in the seventies.

One really funny comedy though was about a men's prison, Porridge, with Ronnie Barker and Richard Beckinsale. That was hilarious.

Luna

Ratings
I watched Escape Plan by chance yesterday, and it reminded me why I loved escape shows. It's just fun watching the inmates trying to understand the system and find the cracks to exploit. It's unfortunate that the industry seems to prefer fantasy stories these days. I hope we can get something as good as Prison Break in 2019!

Boomer

Ratings
Not a show, but The Shawshank Redemption is one of my all-time favorite movies about prison and more. Shawshank's warden, Norton, is truly vile. The Stephen King novella it's based on is also a good read, and turns out the movie follows it pretty well.

Last edited:
Ratings
Evil wardens and staff members are like the standard of these stories. Sometimes I'm just tired of it, but you don't get much dynamics otherwise. It's also mostly about unfair sentences and breaking free of the jail; there is no special take-home message from such topics.