Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Pre-Ordering Games

Ratings
Have you ever pre-ordered any game? I pre-ordered Civ 6 because the trailers were really amazing, but only to find out that my computer cannot keep up with the needed requirements for the game to run smoothly. I ended up upgrading my computer and costing me more to play this game.

Ratings
No, I haven't pre-ordered any games, I thought about doing it, but no, I haven't. I think pre-ordering is the way to go to avoid any kind of delay in playing games when they first come out, computer issues notwithstanding. I need to upgrade my computer too, I'm wondering how much it's going to cost, but whatever the cost is, I have to get it done.

Ratings
I can wait for the game to be released and then pay for it when I've tried it from friends or had tried it in a demo version. Pre-ordering games will benefit the game developers more than the gamers because many games are released with tons of bugs.

Ratings
@Incredible Iron I also prefer to somehow preview a game before committing to a purchase. On principle, I'm leery of pre-ordering games, but it does have it's advantages. There are a few games I'd consider pre-ordering even though I know that without playing a bit of the game first, disappointment is a strong possibility. I won't pre-order a game because I'm banking on it being good, but because I'm very curious about the game or franchise.

Last edited:
Ratings
My excitement got the best of me, and that is why I pre-ordered that game. I was also lured by the "free" add-ons. I learned my lesson this time to wait before pre-ordering games.