Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Porch Pirates

Boomer

Have you ever had mail or deliveries stolen? I watched videos of people's Amazon or other boxes getting lifted by thieves. They're so brazen. I do like when the homeowners remotely yell at the thieves.

Greylien

No thievery here. I just don't understand how they don't seem to care that the odds of them being monitored are not in their favor. There are cameras everywhere.

For every house that gets something stolen, someone needs to come along at a later date and leave a Christmas card on their door. Even the score if you will........give back the Christmas spirit that was essentially taken with the package that was taken. Let the camera see that. Let people see the good that happens.

headrush

I love those videos where the thief gets yelled at through an intercom, Ring, or whatever else. I think a few police departments and companies are trying out tracking devices.

Dust and Rust

The police have to walk a fine line there. People will scream invasion of privacy and sue. The best tracking device they have, and have almost always had, are the undercovers.

Zack T

So far I've not yet had any mail or packages stolen. I don't have any cameras at my house. I'm pretty confident my neighborhood is safe for that sort of thing. I've had multiple packages of high value in the last couple of weeks just left in front of my house for hours at a time when I was building my new computer and parts were being delivered.

Normally I play it safe with such high value stuff and get it sent to a business and pick it up from there, but I felt pretty sure I'd be fine after having lived here for a year and a half. But that's an option for anyone to consider if you don't like the idea of your packages being left in front of your door til you get home - Have them delivered to a pharmacy or other business. UPS and FedEx will happily deliver to places like Walgreens for you. I'd imagine similar services are available in the UK too.