Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Players opting out of MLB season

Betts

So now that we know there will be a shorter season, let's guess how many players will opt out.

So far 4 that I've seen. I don't even know any of the 4. Mike Leake, Ryan Zimmerman, Joe Ross and Ian Desmond. They each have given reasons. How many more do you think will opt out?

Carrie

I guess it's there choice if they play. I would be more concerned if I was a football player though. They at least touch each other. I bet these guys forfeit their wages this year.

bosch5

It is understandable if a player in any sport doesn't feel safe enough to play at this point. The shorter season and the high risk of contracting coronavirus may be too much for these MLB players, and possibly, more of them could follow suit!

Jordaci

I wouldn't doubt if more "better known" players opted out too. I can't even imagine the precautions the league will have to have in place to keep it safe. I wonder if the players will even be able to spend time with their family.

didge

Players tend to influence each other, either consciously or subconsciously, and I see more of them joining this bandwagon. The reasons could be valid, but the underlying point could be a concern with their safety.