• Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Personal items you hate sharing?

Ratings
Are there any personal items that you balk at sharing with others? I don't mind sharing most things, but I personally cringe anytime someone wants to use my laptop or phone, even if it's only for a minute.

Zack T

Ratings
126 1
My phone, just because it's like...come on people, remember to charge your phones or bring them with you.

Ratings
My phone, but since everyone else is saying the same.......my car. There are so many other transportation options people can choose and my car is not one of them.

ShadowEdge

Ratings
I've learned over the years that if I loan someone a book or a movie, it's either never coming back to me or if it's returned, it will be in poor condition. So I'm not keen on loaning them out, but they're relatively inexpensive so I do it. On the other hand, I don't mind sharing my phone for a few minutes. I wouldn't hand it over for several hours, but it doesn't bother me if someone else uses it. I mean, maybe they forgot their phone at home, their battery died, they don't have the same apps I do, or they've lost their phone and need to use mine to locate it. There are legitimate reasons to borrow a phone and those public, paid phones seem to be non-existent now. I won't let anyone borrow my laptop though. We have a public library nearby with several computers. They can go there.

Ratings
I've learned over the years that if I loan someone a book or a movie, it's either never coming back to me or if it's returned, it will be in poor condition. So I'm not keen on loaning them out, but they're relatively inexpensive so I do it.
It's been rare for me to get a loaned book or movie back. I'm mostly okay letting people briefly use my laptop and phone, especially if I'm in the same room or house. I cringe much more about loaning out my car, because I can't help imagining an accident happening.