Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Paige's in-ring career is over

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
Credit: Wrestling-Online.com
PWInsider.com is reporting the unfortunate news that Paige has been told that she will not be allowed to wrestle again in WWE due to her neck, a news that was broken to her this week at the Raw television tapings.

The former NXT and Divas champion suffered another injury at a non-televised live event late last month while wrestling in a six-woman tag match. She had just come back from a 17-month layoff which also included a lengthy recovery follow neck surgery. Further tests following the injury confirmed that WWE will not allow Paige to wrestle anymore for her own good to prevent further damage.

The 25-year-old Brit was supposed to be part of the Royal Rumble match as well so now she has to be written out of the match in some way, shape, or form. WWE will most likely address the situation of her not being able to wrestle to explain to fans why the decision was taken. Superstars such as Edge and Daniel Bryan had to go through the same forced retirement path in the past.

Paige is expected to remain part of WWE one way or another but it remains to be seen on what the future holds for her. She and her family are subject to an upcoming WWE Studios/Seven Bucks Productions movie titled Fighting With My Family.
This is some terrible news for Paige and her fans (which I am one of). I suspected that WWE might force her to retire after her most recent injury scare but I was hoping I was wrong. I'm guessing that WWE will continue down the path of having Paige as a manager for Mandy Rose & Sonya Deville but who knows what will happen with her once the Absolution angle runs its course.

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
I'm reading that a lot of people are blaming Sasha Banks for Paige's in-ring career being over. I mentioned it on Twitter back when the incident originally happened and it's still true now; while I feel terribly for Paige, I also feel a little bad for Sasha. Even thought it wasn't her fault (as it could have been a move from anyone and the result would have been the same), I can't imagine the guilt she must be feeling and it has to be even worse that people are flooding her social media blaming her for what happened to Paige. The fact of the matter is that this is no one's fault. It's an unfortunate risk of the wrestling business and it's certainly not the first time that a wrestler has had to retire because of lingering neck issues.

Kam

Administrator
Administrator
Ratings
184 2
Here is the moment:

Sasha did nothing wrong, if it didn't happen during that match it would have happened during a different match.

TPIB

Ratings
63 1
Here is the moment:

Sasha did nothing wrong, if it didn't happen during that match it would have happened during a different match.
That's a lot worse-looking than the video I saw of it originally. The video I saw also included Sasha's reaction once she realized what may have just happened which made me feel terribly for her as well as Paige.

As you said, it could have happened during any match. The result would have been the same if someone had Irish-whipped Paige into the corner or it could have happened when Paige hit the Ram Paige. It's not Sasha's kick that did the damage necessarily, it was the impact on the neck that caused it. It just so happens that Paige's neck gave out during that specific spot. This is one of those situations where people feel that they need to blame someone in a blameless situation.