Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Owen Hart

Greylien

Back in 1999/2000 when the family of Owen Hart sued for, and won, a settlement totaling 18 million USD, did the ticket prices to events go up? I can't remember.

Oh, that's a good question! I don't know the answer sadly. Remember how they continued the event with Owen's blood still on the mat? Jeez! I bet the prices went down initially because it was traumatic, then went back up due to inflation and the need to cover increased insurance fees. The WWE paid the family $18 million and the company that made the harness settled with the WWE for $9 million, so the WWE would've been out $9 million in total before they were reimbursed by their own insurance.

Crompy

I remember the day but I don't remember if the prices changed after. They have insurance to cover these types of things. I just remember thinking how crazy it was.