Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Overused phrases or sayings

Boomer

"Gone viral" and "deep dive" used to bother me, but I've gotten used to or numb to them. Is there a saying or phrase that you think is now overused?

Zack T

"EPIC!" And most any other gamer-internet lingo that people have taken to saying out loud. "Lawl" for LOL is another one. Just annoys the heck out of me.

Also always hated the phrase "Cream of the crop" or "The cream rises to the top". I don't like the word cream.

Classified

"I'm not a rasist, but"

If you're not a racist, you don't have to clarify what you're going to say before you say it.

Whenever I hear that, I know to tune the rest of it out. Like, thanks for the warning. I know who to avoid now.

I get my hackles up over the guru stuff like "mindfulness" and "live your best life." I also dislike bossy art like "live, love, pray" and the different variations of "keep calm and ______." To be fair, I never noticed the bossy art thing until my girlfriend pointed it out and now I can't unsee it.

headrush

Lots of travel and music stuff shows up on my YouTube feed. The trending video titles that bug me use "First impressions of ____ !" and "My thoughts on ___ !" Harmless, but seeing them make me care less about the topic.

ShadowEdge

It's the hashtags that kill me. It's not my thing, but I can handle most of the mom stuff like #momlife, #proudmom, and the like. But I draw the line at #girlboss and #mompreneur (both usually MLM related). I also dislike #boymom (usually used when the boy is misbehaving).