Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

Outrage over masks

Poppy

A good chunk of the population in the UK and the US are going bonkers over having to wear a mask in shops and in other public spaces. What is that about? I don't understand the outrage over what appears to be a minor inconvenience to me. If you object to masks or know someone who does, I'd love to know why it's so bothersome. I feel like I'm out of the loop.

TynBox

Some locals where I live ( The minority of us by the way) say it's because they don't want government infringing on their personal freedoms. That makes zero sense to me. What freedom, exactly, is being infringed upon.

The real reason is that they don't like being told what to do by other adults. They're acting like children in my opinion.

Steve King

I don't see why anyone would make a fuss about wearing a mask. It could be a minor inconvenience, but it is better to be safe than sorry. Either way, what confuses me is whether or not we wear masks so that we don't touch our faces? Coronavirus is not airborne, right?

Rylan10

In the UK, we have very confusing rules. We have to wear a mask to enter a shop, but not a museum, for instance.
I was in a supermarket yesterday where all of the customers were wearing masks, but very few of the staff were wearing them. Yes, I appreciate that staff need to wear them for hours, but this seems illogical to me!

Classified

I heard a comparison that makes sense:
"Well, if you're wearing a mask why should I have to?"
"Okay, next time I see you driving towards me in your car at night with your headlights on, I'll turn mine off."

By the same token I guess, if you have bumper stickers on your car, buy a mask that has an insignia or slogan or something on it. You can "speak your mind" without opening your mouth. LOL

Greylien

Says you. LOL

In some cases, it just shows how blindly some people will follow Trump's words. It would be amusing if it weren't so dangerous to our health, but as it is.......