Latest
  • Welcome!

We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

OK, Boomer

Rambler

Do you think this phrase is insulting? I think it can be funny in memes. Might be offensive spoken out loud, depending on the context.

whaleshark

I don't mind it. The one time I thought it might be seen as offensive was when that New Zealand politician said it during a Parliament meeting— but then, she was getting heckled right before!

Last edited:

Greylien

If some young'un says that to you, fire back with "Yes it is. But your sarcasm won't let you see that."

To me, it's just another grammar fad that will fade away. They all do if they're started by the millennials or X'ers.

scatman

I think it's more condescending than insulting. Not to get too psychoanalytical, but it comes from rash judgements based on a label. It's childish really.

Zack T

That judgement works both ways though, otherwise we wouldn't have the "Millennial" stereotype, either.

It's probably a fad that will lose steam over time, but I don't know that it'll go away for a long time. It MIGHT go away as Boomers die off, but then again it might get ingrained in our language as slang towards any older person you think is out of touch. I dunno.