Latest
  • Welcome!

    We're a UK based community of cult entertainment fans - so whether you're into WWE, Marvel, DC, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek and more - join us!

    It's free to register, so why not sign up and discuss whatever you're into...

oh sweet jesus no, tna shake up?

The Fury

The Last King of Scotland
Subscriber
Messages
5,714
Points
48
Believe it or not (and this may take some people off guard), there has been talk about replacing Scott D'Amore as head booker. His replacement? Jeff Jarrett. This is not confirmed and has only been talked about. Dave Meltzer also made note of this in a recent interview.
if this is true then i fear and pity tna wrestling
 

Dan

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Messages
4,036
Points
0
I really hope not, the TNA booking team since its interception in the summer has done a grand job with TNA, maybe producing some of the best TNA TV in its history, I really feel by putting Jarrett is a head bookers posistion will make his power play in TNA even worse.

Do you have a source for this report?
 

MrFill

New Member
Messages
14,707
Points
0
If it comes true, then there are 2 options:
1) TNA = WCW in it's dieing years.
2) Jarrett retired from the main event.
 

The Fury

The Last King of Scotland
Subscriber
Messages
5,714
Points
48
MrFill said:
If it comes true, then there are 2 options:
1) TNA = WCW in it's dieing years.
2) Jarrett retired from the main event.
seeing jerrett hog the title over the years. i'd say option 1

doesnt tna listen to the fans?
 

Russ

TWO Hall of Fame Member
Messages
6,361
Points
0
Well if there's one thing TNA needs, it's more Jarrett.

I meant less. LESS. Oh crap what have I said? :(
 

Ryan

Well-Known Member
Messages
10,771
Points
63
why does everyone hate Jarrett?

he's doing his job, a job that i would love to have, i dont care if Jarrett is in the main eventing in TNA for 1 year or 20 years, Jarrett rules and for TNA to have JJ as head booker is a great thing.
 

JobberJoe

Well-Known Member
Subscriber
Messages
5,153
Points
63
YAS... if I could have anything in TNA more of, it would be more Jarret... kind of like if I could have anything in the world I'd have more fillings in my teeth so I can spend more time in the dentist's chair with a drill in my mouth suffering severe pain...
 

Gooneronastick

New Member
Messages
2,918
Points
0
Mr Perfect said:
why does everyone hate Jarrett?

he's doing his job, a job that i would love to have, i dont care if Jarrett is in the main eventing in TNA for 1 year or 20 years, Jarrett rules and for TNA to have JJ as head booker is a great thing.
Jarrett is an ego maniac that couldn't get above mid-card in WWE, so he uses Daddy's influence with the NWA to keep him as champion. Jeff Jarrett has never had main event credentials and really should be used to put the newer guys over.
 

Drake

Well-Known Member
Messages
8,331
Points
63
RUTuffEnuff said:
Jarrett is an ego maniac that couldn't get above mid-card in WWE, so he uses Daddy's influence with the NWA to keep him as champion. Jeff Jarrett has never had main event credentials and really should be used to put the newer guys over.
Right on the money man,that about sums up Jarret wrestling carrer :thumbup2:
 

Ryan

Well-Known Member
Messages
10,771
Points
63
Skullz said:
kind of like if I could have anything in the world I'd have more fillings in my teeth so I can spend more time in the dentist's chair with a drill in my mouth suffering severe pain...
oh im sorry are we surpose to be impressed?
 

JobberJoe

Well-Known Member
Subscriber
Messages
5,153
Points
63
Mr Perfect said:
oh im sorry are we surpose to be impressed?
.... yes... can't top you though can I, the absolute comic genius of TWO... how can I dare, DARE try to be humerous (or put my point of view across) when you, YOU MR "PERFECT", are there to point out I'm not on the same brilliant level as you... well thanks lad, but when I want your opinion I'll ask for it, until then take it and stick it up your hilarious... as I was saying... more Jarret, baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad ! !
 

MrFill

New Member
Messages
14,707
Points
0
Now now people. Let's keep this civil, shall we.

I know where this is heading, and none of us what that. :)
 

Bluestiger99

New Member
Messages
2,495
Points
0
Jarrett=death of TNA.

The guys is terrible, Bad in ring, bad on the mic, nowhere above mid card. Him as a booker would be terrible. I really doubt they would replace D'Amore with him, as he's been doing a great job. Hopefully this will all blow over soon.
 

Dave7g

New Member
Messages
13,648
Points
0
Kaedon said:
like a turd circling in the drain
Thats way too harsh, what about HHH and Stephanie booking Raw? What the hell is so different? If you don't like TNA thats FINE, but stop putting it down at every opportunity when you are completely shot down every time!
 

Jack

Well-Known Member
Messages
7,977
Points
83
Triple H uses what power he has, a lot better ,for the buisness, than Jarrett. Does Jarrett job to complete nobodies? No. Does Jarrett put the right peopel over, at the right time? No. Triple H put Shelton, Benoit and batista over clean, despite none being credible before their feuds.

People always say Jarrett is midcard, well their whole set of main eventers are aswell. No matter who they pick for Champion, that person will be a midcarder, so "better the devil you know", eh?
 

Paul

Well-Known Member
Messages
36,529
Points
113
Jack said:
. Triple H put Benoit over clean, despite not being credible before their feud.
:?
In what way was benoit not credible? He had been portrayed in WWE as ready for nearly a year before hand. It was a nice slow build up that worked well.
 

Jack

Well-Known Member
Messages
7,977
Points
83
Darkstar said:
:?
In what way was benoit not credible? He had been portrayed in WWE as ready for nearly a year before hand. It was a nice slow build up that worked well.
You are right in what you said, but even so, I still don't think Benoit was right to win the title. I mean, did you expect him to win? I certainly didn't, and I'm sure if we can possibly go back and look at the Precition page, we'll see most people expected Triple H or Michaels to win, so in that sense, he wasn't seen as a threat to either.

He always comes accross as someone who will be around the title scene sometimes, but will never get the belt, no matter how good he is in feuds, or how well he is built up, much like Eddie. both probably deserve it, but I don't ever consider them real threats really.

I also think, Triple H losing to Benoit again a while after WM, wasn't needed, as he had definetly not been built up properly, so in that sense, Benoit wasn't seen as credible then either. One that springs to mind, is at the Gold Rush tournament. I think I'm right in saying he had done very little before that match, so why would he deserve to beat Triple H?

Either way, Benoti is a close one, so feel free to ignore that point. I'm still right about Shelton and Batista though. Neither were seen as a threat to Triple H, until he got them over. Batista was getting small reactions, much like any heel, before Triple H made him, and now look. He is a huge star, something whcih Jarrett has done how many times in TNA?
 

MrFill

New Member
Messages
14,707
Points
0
Jack said:
You are right in what you said, but even so, I still don't think Benoit was right to win the title. I mean, did you expect him to win? I certainly didn't, and I'm sure if we can possibly go back and look at the Precition page, we'll see most people expected Triple H or Michaels to win, so in that sense, he wasn't seen as a threat to either.
Who leaves with the belt:
HHH: 27 people.
Benoit: 24 people.
HBK: 17 people.

Winner:
HHH: 25 people.
Benoit: 25 people.
HBK: 17 people.
HBK & Benoit: 2 people.

So, he was seen as more of a threat than HBK, so had already been Champ by taking it off of HHH, although HHH and HBK are bestest buddies.
 
Top